Broker - Los Angeles, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Willis North America Inc.
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Broker - Los Angeles, CA
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
CORPORATE RISK AND BROKING
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The BROKER is responsible for Property & Casualty placement activity within Willis Towers Watson Los Angeles operation. This role will be mostly focused on middle market and casualty, but will be involved with risk management accounts and all lines of coverage including Property, General Liability, Automobile, Workers Compensation, Umbrella/Excess, Executive Risk lines, Professional Liability, Cyber Liability, Environmental and other specialty lines of coverage. Industries are varied and include real estate, hospitality, service, and retail. Uses placement expertise to enhance revenue and drive the financial performance of the office.
* Stimulate revenue growth and meet business objectives by placing new and renewal business, improving retention rates, increasing commission rates and utilizing group resources
* Seek adequacy of coverage and competitive rates for clients and prospects
* Negotiate terms for accounts and provide expertise for difficult to place business
* Insurance broker's license required
* 7+ years experience in the field
* College degree preferred
* Recognized as expert in field
* Technical knowledge of insurance contracts/structure
* Knowledge and understanding of global marketplace
* Compliance and quality management expertise
* Computer skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Computer system skills; ability to work within agency management systems
* Ability to provide expert, in depth advice to client resulting in overall client satisfaction
* Skilled at interfacing with customers
* Strong presentation skills
* Support nationally based relationships with carriers and clients
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU*
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and an employee stock purchase plan as well as many other options to full time employees.
Willis Towers Watson is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (WLTW). Additional information on Willis may be found on its web site: www.willistowerswatson.com.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights. #LI-DH1
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.