Budgeting & Analytics Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
* The Supervisor, Budgeting and Analytics is responsible for assisting in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and providing financial, managerial and operational analytics. The position will work closely with the leadership, managers and supervisors to resolve joint financial issues related to budget variances and analytic reporting. The position will be responsible for the implementation and will be the lead super user of the Crimson Medical Group Advantage and Kaufman Hall budge application.
* Description of Work:
* Financial Reporting
* Responsible for the maintenance of a comprehensive management reporting system to measure the financial and operational performance of the group on a monthly basis. The system will incorporate the same financial, operational and benchmarking metrics for the practice manager, physicians, executive management, Physician Leadership and the Board of Trustees.
* Maintains the Crimson Medical Group Advantage system and oversees managerial and statistical reporting, which assists management in monitoring VMG volume, revenue, profitability, ROI to the hospital and performance against industry benchmarks. Oversees monthly uploads and validation of G/L data to CMGA. Monitors CMGA performance dashboards, for each employed physician, clinical site, department or division or organized clinical program. Utilizes CMGA for monthly summary report showing financial performance, productivity, patient satisfaction and quality measures and metrics for the consolidated Physician Services enterprise. Examples of the metrics include work relative value units, new patients, established patients, in and out-patients services and procedures by location, by physician and by CPT code.
* Assists/participates in preparation, assessment and presentation of financial reports and analysis, with interpretation and recommendations for improvements to the Practice Managers and Physicians.
* Assists in the preparation of the Valley Medical Group annual operating budget and capital budget.
* Implements and maintains the VMG Budget application. Responsible for the periodic data feeds of Payroll, Revenue, Expenses and statistics and reconciliation of all data.
* Supervise the budget team development of analytical reporting; providing feedback and assistance to department heads in budget preparation. Hold budget seminars/information sessions to inform/interact/educate with operating departments, providing clarity on overall budget outlook, goals and process.
* Maintains sub schedules and documentation of all assumptions.
* Presents budget for approval and adjustments to Sr. Leadership.
* Provides monthly departmental financial reports to Practice Managers and reviews variances to budget on a scheduled basis.
* Provides monthly budget variance reconciliation for revenue and expenses to CFO.
* Provide direct supervision of the Sr. Analyst Budgeting and Analytics.
* Demonstrates positive behaviors toward patients, families, physicians, and all co-workers. Responds to customers of all age groups in a friendly, prompt and caring manner while maintaining confidentiality. Promotes mutual respect and professionalism. Partners with team members to meet the needs of the customer.
* Participate in the Valley Medical Groups performance improvement process to continuously improve the quality of patient care and service delivery.
* Bachelor s Degree in a business related field is required, Master s degree or CPA preferred. A minimum of 5 years of Medical Group Finance experience is required. Excellent working knowledge of personal computers, especially spreadsheets and word processing applications, is required. Professional and courteous inter-personal skills are a must.
Valley is an equal opportunity employer. Valley does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, liability for military service, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.