This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets _Whirlpool_, _KitchenAid, Maytag_,_ Consul, Brastemp, Amana_, _Bauknecht_, _Jenn-Air_, _Indesit_ and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for an ARCHITECTURE BUILD PLANNER opening to join our WALL OVEN AND BUILT-IN MICROWAVE PLATFORM organization.
DAY TO DAY
Today, you might be supporting multiple engineering build activities for several projects. Tomorrow, you'll lead entire large scale projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Coordinate multi-project engineering builds with the manufacturing division and project teams within technology
* Lead model line projects and responsible for compiling and releasing bills of material for architecture releases (BOMS)
* Track all POs and ensure updated drawing numbers are updated on PO.
* Critical follow through.
* Coordinate/manage product literature/documentation such as labels, with project literature planner, and technical writers
* New model planning - own the new model lineup.
* Create/manage part numbers translating eBOMs to mBOMs. Engineering notice to PO process.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Organizational/Project Management Skills
* Business related or Engineering related Bachelors Degree minimum (BSc Mechanical engineering preferred)
* 3+ years of Project Management or related work experience
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.