Building Automation Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Brady Trane Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: The Controls Technician provides programming, technical checkout, owner training, and assists in subcontractor coordination on Building Automation projects. This position is responsible for completing assigned tasks within estimated hours, providing assistance with Controls Service as directed, and participating in the controls service on call program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Follow work schedule as directed by Resource Coordinator.
* Communicate job status with Lead Technician and Project Manager or Resource Coordinator.
* Configure, setup, and calibrate end devices on factory or field installed hardware.
* Create and program site databases.
* Utilize Checkout documentation provided by engineering to verify system performance.
* Examine and troubleshoot communication Links and Local Area Networks.
* Provide technical assistance to installation sub-contractors as required.
* Identify, analyze and diagnose BAS and system problems through remote interface means or directly while on site.
* Ensure documentation procedures are followed as an ongoing process.
* Maintain accurate and complete project notes that can be used by engineering for As-Built drawings.
* Ensure project database and graphics database are backed up to network drive at job completion.
* Provide remote access information for sites to Virtual Service.
* Represent company by serving as a direct customer contact, working to develop, maintain, and enhance customer relationships.
* Provide on-site Owner Training Classes for customers.
* Provide technical support to associates.
* Maintain company equipment and hardware in good working order.
* Comply with OSHA, site and Brady safety standards.
* Participate in ongoing training opportunities (TPC, Online webinars, etc.)
* Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required; regular travel requirements with occasional overnight travel
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in HVAC, Computer Science or Computer Science related field and three years field experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; working knowledge of Microsoft Products and Computers.
Knowledge and understanding of various communications protocols used in the industry including BACnet, LonTalk and Modbus; familiarity with networking applications, Ethernet, TCP-IP, IP Networks and infrastructure; experience with Trane, Tridium, and/or Teletrol building automation is desired but experience with other control manufacturers such as Johnson Controls, Schneider, Honeywell, Siemens, Distech, etc. will also be considered.