Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule (BCEGS) Field Representative - Sacramento, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
Verisk Insurance Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160726-7939-VD
Company Name: Verisk Insurance Solutions
Insurance Services Office (ISO) is a leading source of information about property and casualty insurance risk. ISO is part of the Verisk Analytics family, ranked by Forbes as the 18th most innovative company in the world, and is an incredibly dynamic place to work.
If you are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and enjoy working in the field and meeting people, then we have a position for you in Sacramento, CA for a BCEGS Field Representative.
ISO s Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule (BCEGS ) assesses the building codes in effect in a particular community and how the community enforces its building codes, with special emphasis on mitigation of losses from natural hazards.
Your major responsibilities will involve:
* Conducting comprehensive studies of community building code administration and enforcement to determine building code effectiveness classification for states, cities, towns, and counties by interviewing and working with local building officials, building departments and community officials.
* Preparing a comprehensive report via a computer program on the results of the study.
* Preparing appropriate reports in accordance with established standards.
* Planning trips to ensure efficient, cost effective and timely completion of work.
* Representing ISO at meetings involving community officials.
* Maintaining corporate standards of quality, timeliness and customer service.
* Reporting other information as directed, and performing other duties as assigned.
We are looking for individuals who possess some of the following knowledge and skills, and/or experience:
* Field experience in performing surveys involving detailed analyses.
* Knowledge of building codes, building department operations and building construction is preferred.
* College degree in a technical discipline is preferred but not required.
* Excellent customer service, math, and verbal/written communication skills are essential.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
* Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, possess a strong work ethic and able to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
* Valid driver s license and overnight travel.
This position requires a valid driver s license and some overnight travel, and you will work from your home office to complete all work assignments.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please submit your application by hitting Submit Now . For questions, please contact Vivienne Dizon at email@example.com.
ISO is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation.
Field Representatives, --Loss Control, --Property Inspection, --Building Codes
Associate (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.