This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Auto Req ID
We are currently seeking a Building Engineer to join our team in Kansas City, KS.
This position will be responsible for preventive maintenance and repair of HVAC systems, repair and maintenance of plumbing, electrical lighting and devices, piping equipment, and controls located in the interior and exterior of the building. Candidate will install, repair and maintain mechanical/electrical operating equipment and machinery and perform routine and on-going assessment of the building systems operations. Candidate will perform tests, rounds and analyze data to assure the proper functioning of departmental equipment. Building Engineer monitors the operation of chillers and all mechanical and electrical operating equipment, including chemical treatment process and equipment.
* Oversees and monitors the operation and make adjustments of chiller plants, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems
* Monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains ventilating and hot water heaters, pumps, valves, piping and filters and other mechanical and electrical equipment
* Records readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment.
* Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions, and take corrective action as required.
* Performs preventive maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment, which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount of disruption, conducting immediate cleanup of work area, completing the preventive task sheet, returning tools to workshop and unused supplies to store room, reporting any impending supply or material shortages to the Operations Manager or Lead Engineer
* Installs and repair plumbing/piping/tubing
* Wires single and three phase motors, operating parts, etc.
* Installs and rebuild pumps and motors
* Installs and rebuild air compressors, heat exchangers
* Replaces bearings in all types of motors
* Replaces seals on pumps
* Installs and repairs piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls
* Assists other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment
* Installs, repairs and maintains electrical controls, switching and motor controls
* Re-lamps lighting fixtures, replaces ballasts, switches, and other electrical devices
* Monitors operation of refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment, heating, ventilating, hot water equipment, pumps, valves, piping and filters, and other mechanical and electrical equipment
* Records readings as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment
* Responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions
* Maintains tools and orders supplies, as required, for installation and repair
* Keeps logs, documents equipment repairs, closes work orders, tracks time accurately in reports and provides timely and constant communication with the Operations Manager and Lead Engineer
* Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Maintains a clean and safe work space
* Participates in rotational on call responsibilities for off hour coverage as required
* Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Skilled in use of tools and machinery required by the position
* Knowledge of OSHA standards and local codes
* Familiar with computer equipment and programs
* Ability to work multiple shifts.
* Visually inspect machinery and buildings
* Ability to frequently walk up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure practice or implementation.
* Ability to climb ladders up to 40 feet and lift 60 lbs repeatedly
* Ability to detect emergency alarms auditory and/or visual
* Equipment inspections require getting on hands and knees to reach areas difficult to access
* Ability to travel (air travel and hotel) for training, if required
* Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well both oral and written reports and has excellent customer service skills
* For Internal Candidates: Must consistently receive a meets expectations on job performance review
* Personal Characteristics: Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports and have excellent customer service skills
* Must have familiarity with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Building Automation System (BMS)
* Familiarity of 360 Facility and Johnson Controls Metasys , Siemens Apogee or Trane Tracer, preferred
* This position is located in a manufacturing and administrative facility with multiple buildings; the team is comprised of Building Engineers and an Assistant Facility Manager and all report to the site Facility Manager.
* Building Engineers interact on a daily basis with the client and must be able to adapt to different work atmospheres.
* Equipment inspections require getting on hands and knees to reach areas difficult to access.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma or State Equivalent required
* Minimum of 2 years of related trade schooling or two years of college
* Minimum of four (4) years experience in plumbing/piping trade or related field
* Experience in emergency backup systems (generators, UPS, etc.)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* EPA Universal Certification required
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most