Building & Grounds Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Building and Grounds Technician
Reporting to the Plant Maintenance Manager, the Buildings & Grounds Technician is responsible for maintaining an attractive, sanitary and safe facility. This position does not supervise others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Performs assigned maintenance tasks of:
* Light and Light Fixture service and replacement, including:
* Light switch and minimal electrical troubleshooting
* Wall service including:
* Erecting new walls
* Escutcheon Repair and Replacement
* Window service including:
* Weather stripping
* Plumbing service including:
* Sink and drain repair and replacement
* Drain cleaning
* Commode and urinal repair and replacement
* Floor service, including:
* Patching and painting
* Repairing small chips and dents
* Ceiling service, including:
* Inspection, repair, and replacement of ceiling tiles
* Installation and repair of ceiling grids
* Conducts all work within the plant s procedures including upholding safety standards when using cleaning supplies and electrical equipment, door lock, time and attendance, meeting deadlines, and schedules.
* Uses plant work order system to account for paid hours and document work completed and that which needs completed or rejected.
* Acts as plant representative when outside contractors are completing larger or more detailed work covered in Section 1.
* Completes assigned PMs, particularly Safety items such as:
* Fire extinguisher inspection, repair and service.
* Eyewash and emergency shower inspection, repair, and service.
* Advises supervisor promptly of any safety concerns and/or violations or irregularities that may present safety hazards and areas of the facilities that require additional maintenance.
* Arranges furnishings and equipment.
* Flexible in working with others in a variety of circumstances (e.g. operating equipment, defined processes, problem solving, team projects, changing work priorities, etc.).
* Required to be welcoming, helpful, and accountable by providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders in the performance of assigned duties.
* Adheres to plant s safety and emergency preparedness plans during performance of assigned duties.
* Performs other duties as required.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Related work experience, skills, knowledge and abilities.
* Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used for industrial maintenance including electrical cleaning equipment, common tools, etc. and adhering to safety practices.
* Specific knowledge is required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: carpentry, drywall, electrical troubleshooting.
Austin, Texas, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.