Building Maintenance Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Building Maintenance Assistant
Auto Req ID
This position performs basic maintenance and coordination as assigned by the manager.
* Interacts with external and internal customers with a positive manner.
* Performs general labor, such as but not limited to carrying, stacking, and sorting of materials used in and around the job site, as well as debris removal.
* Clean up job site and equipment by means of vacuum, mop, broom, floor scrubber, waxer, steam cleaner, high pressure spray cleaner, as well as other types of cleaning devices or equipment.
* Performance of ongoing reactive work orders on facility plumbing, lighting (bulb changes only), painting, temperature adjustments (if trained properly), and cleaning of equipment, rooms and other components within the building operations.
* Maintain, operate, and repair all plumbing systems, building interior/exterior repair, and related grounds as it pertains to assigned buildings.
* Respond effectively to all emergencies.
* Study and become familiar with the various items of equipment, and the methods required to use them properly, that are required in everyday activities. This to include building automation systems, fire / life safety systems, and any other building related equipment.
* Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
* Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
* Must be willing and able to support any after-hours building related activity as required.
* Attend periodic training seminars.
* Any other activities to support JLL and/or site operations, including, but not limited to: moves/reconfigurations, events, safety or sustainability practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Will be required to utilize e-mail, enter, query and change fields within a CMMS system (updating work orders).
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook)
* The ability to communicate and collaborate across many levels within JLL and Client
* Sound judgment, initiative, resourcefulness, tenacity and the flexibility to operate independently in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
* Experience and track record of identifying potential issues and formulating solutions and contingency plans
* Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision
* High School diploma or equivalent.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.