Building Maintenance Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
Rio Rancho, NM
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Building Maintenance Technician
Auto Req ID
Perform mid-level work in the repair and maintenance of facilities. May lead others in related work as required.
The General Facilities Technician performs a wide variety of general and preventative maintenance and repair work. Incumbents independently perform a broad spectrum of facilities and systems maintenance functions or may serve as a back-up to other craft workers on complex assignments.
* Assist in the repair of plumbing, flooring, ceiling, lighting, hard surfaces, walls, furniture and shelves.
* Assist in maintenance and minor repairs of heating, ventilation systems, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment.
* Assist in the repair and maintenance of lockable/mechanical hardware such as doors, windows, and lockers to ensure safety of facilities and maintain systems.
* Assist in the maintenance and repair of plumbing and heating fixtures and components, piping of various size and type; checks safety equipment and replaces components such as washers and gaskets.
* Assist in the inspection, repair, or replacement of pumps and valves.
* Assist in the writing of specification for repairs and new construction.
* Maintains appropriate service repair work order records electronically.
* Researches and inventories equipment parts and supplies.
* Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
* May assist in the training of other team members in the area of facilities maintenance.
* Assists and serves as back-up to other Facilities employees.
* Ability to operate and use a broad spectrum of tools and equipment skillfully and safely perform heavy physical labor; read and comprehend plans and blueprints.
* Some knowledge of standard practices and procedures of construction trades such as plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, painting and mechanical systems, including materials and tools; applicable code requirements; methods and practices followed in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment; safety precautions to be observed in the maintenance and installation of electronic and mechanical equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* 2 years minimum trade experience
* Mid-level experience working in at least one relevant trade in a commercial, industrial, or facilities operations setting.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Trade certificates or licenses a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Superior customer service skills and orientation
* Ability to maintain professionalism at all times and under stressful situations
* Ability to multi-task and work without direction supervision
* Attention to detail a must
* CMMS and/or data base experience a plus
* Ability to plan and manage work under time constraints
* Strong organizational skills and collaborative style needed
WORK REQUIREMENTS / CONDITIONS
* Must be able to perform physical activities such as bending, standing, climbing or walking.
* Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in Building Maintenance.
* Must be able to understand the need for Proper Protective Equipment (PPE) when necessary to perform a specific function safely.
* Available for call-in work and perform other duties, as required.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.