Bundle Assembly Mechanic 9/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
Ohmstede Ltd. based in Beaumont, Texas is looking for highly motivated Assembly Mechanics to join our team that is committed to earning our customer s trust every day. Ohmstede is recognized as the largest US manufacturer of shell and tube heat exchangers, including replacement tube bundles, channels and shells. Our fabrication and repair shop offers steady work with state-of-the art equipment.
Job Title: Bundle Assembly Mechanic
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Assembly Shop Supervisor, the Mechanic assembles, repairs, and tests all types of heat exchangers, and tube bundles from shop drawings, and work orders.
Candidates for the Mechanic s position should have the following qualifications and skills:
* High School diploma, or equivalent.
* Proven ability to work safely and soundly.
* Strong mechanical knowledge and aptitude, working well with tools, fixtures, measuring devices in order to deliver work efficiently and recommend operational improvements.
* Demonstrated capability to follow established shop procedures to ensure execution to quality standards.
* Mechanic must be able to work effectively with others, and take direction from senior Mechanics, and Assembly Shop Supervisor.
* Commitment to be at work at scheduled work times, inclusive of having dependable means to be at work when scheduled.
* Availability to work overtime on week-ends and during the week to meet customer requirements.
Required tools include:
* 12 adjustable wrench
* 10-20 oz. ball peen hammer
* 12 14 pipe wrench
* Box wrenches 7/16 - 1 1/4
* Hex key wrenches
* 24 Level
* Adequate tool box
* Vise-grip pliers
* Layout tools optional
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veteran