Bus Analysis Senior Specialist (XML Development Experience) 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
Individual contributor, representing a high level of technical knowledge, who works with business area, technology representatives and agency partners in support of a program or project. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on user needs and an understanding of the business system requirements. Leads project teams or work groups and may be the primary project contact for functional area. Accountable for assignments or projects that are high in priority, visibility and/or complexity. Responsible for developing relationships and driving production through automation with highly technical agents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
* Senior technical analyst and process team lead for projects in functional area.
* Works collaboratively with stakeholders and plans and conducts working sessions to elicit and review business requirements as approved by senior management.
* Develops strategy and implements approach for creation of deliverables and all supporting documentation for the concept and definition phases of the project.
* Performs necessary research to fully understand the business issues, develop possible solutions and to support development of innovative, cost effective solutions, and recommends most viable business/technology solutions to management for approval.
* Ensures appropriate resources are assigned to project teams, manages resources and teams, and reviews and provides input on performance of team members as appropriate.
* Acts as technical resource on best practices, which may include technology or other business/functional areas.
* Continuously learning new trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the insurance industry.
* Acts as contact for highly technical agents and analyzes reports to identify opportunities for improvement in automation solutions.
* May require some travel to develop technical agency relationships.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Director or above.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
* A solid understanding of the insurance industry, its products, practices and operations.
* Proven knowledge of client area's business and systems.
* Proven knowledge of the system development life cycle, and technology alternatives, understanding of interface design and user centered work methods.
* Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
* Excellent client and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external business partners.
* Ability to lead teams on short-term basis and to coach and mentor staff at all levels.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to convey business requirements and technical needs in clear, concise, and effective manner.
* Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software systems, which may include solid knowledge of the system/application development life cycle and technological alternatives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
* Typically a minimum of seven years experience in business analysis or other related field, i.e.,accounting, finance, insurance operations, or computer science with prior experience identifying and documenting business requirements. WE ARE LOOKING FOR A SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST WITH PRIOR XML DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE.
* Project leadership experience desirable.
* Applicable certifications preferred.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Organization: Comm Ins-UW - Bus Ins
Job Posting: Sep 16, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.