Business Analysis Analyst / Business Analysis Specialist 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: Business Analysis Analyst or Specialist
Individual contributor, representing a high level of technical knowledge, who works with business area, technology representatives and agency partners in support of a program or project. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on user needs and an understanding of the business system requirements. Leads project teams or work groups and may be the primary project contact for functional area. Accountable for assignments or projects that are high in priority, visibility and/or complexity. Responsible for developing relationships and driving production through automation with highly technical agents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participates in documenting business requirements generated in working sessions with stakeholders.
2. Analyzes business process requirements and assists in the preparation of supporting documentation (e.g., use cases, process flows, business rules, user interface mock-ups, etc) for the concept and definition phases of the project.
3. For assigned program or project, collaborates in planning system testing for IT solutions to ensure that test conditions, scripts, validation criteria and expected results will successfully test the business requirements.
4. Documents and tracks requirements using the appropriate requirement management tools (e.g. Caliber RM).
5. Performs necessary research to fully understand the business issues, develop possible solutions and to support development of innovative, cost effective solutions.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Manager or above
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. General understanding of insurance industry, its products, practices and operations.
2. General understanding of system development life cycle, system and application
development alternatives. Basic understanding of interface design and user centered work methods.
3. Knowledge of client area's business and systems.
4. Good analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Solid verbal and written communication skills to translate business needs and ability to
convey business requirements and technical needs in clear, concise, and effective manner.
6. Ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
7. Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
2. Typically a minimum of two years experience in business analysis, or other related experience, i.e., accounting, finance, insurance operations, or computer science with prior experience identifying and documenting business requirements.
3. Completion of course work towards applicable certifications preferred.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Organization: Comm Ins-UW - Bus Ins
Job Posting: Sep 16, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.