Business Analyst - BOSS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY CHARACTERISTICS
The Business Analyst is part of the Business Operations Support & Services group supporting EverBank's Home Lending Division (Retail, Retail Direct, Correspondent) in partnership with Post-Closing, Change Management, Compliance, Legal, Marketing, Credit Risk, Quality Control, IT and others. This position supports the business in determining and documenting requested changes to Home Lending Loan Applications. This role is tasked with interacting with the business and identifying the needs to enhance the business process in alignment with a project plan or request that is determined by the Business Owner. Responsible for the research and collection of requirements from business owners and delivery and execution against a project plan as determined by the Project Sponsor, Project Manager and/or Business Owner.
* Supports Project Managers on initiatives; accountable for functional requirements documents, issues resolutions, and other required project documentation
* Understands business needs, processes, nomenclature and concepts to formulate clear and thorough requirements
* Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives
* Researches, gathers, and defines accurate detailed business requirements and functional requirements based on project objectives
* Defines technical and system requirements supporting Encompass 360 projects
* Manages, researches, documents, and drives Encompass 360 Fee Intake requests
* Manages, documents, and communicates changes in business requirements
* Maintains multiple maintenance projects with minimal supervision
* Assists the business management team and the business trainer with preparation for user training classes or the creation of user documents as needed
* Resolves and/or escalates issues when appropriate
* Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in projects
* Follows established standards as well as software development and project management lifecycles
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Logical, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
* Familiarity with requirements gathering techniques required
* Must be able to maintain planning and organizing multiple projects with minimal supervision
* Must have the ability to demonstrate flexibility to meet the needs of the business by working extended hours when necessary (early morning, evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.)
* Must have the ability to learn quickly and comprehend many technical and business concepts
* Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, primarily in Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
* Strong initiative and takes ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities and appropriately prioritize
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills
* Must be self-motivated and capable of working independently
* Must have the ability to work accurately and efficiently under intense time pressure
* Excellent organizational, problem solving, and collaboration skills with attention to detail
* Ability to react quickly to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
* Ability to develop and follow project plans
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
* Ellie Mae Encompass 360 experience preferred
* 2 - 4 years' of experience in mortgage banking required with emphasis on production operations
* 1- 2 years' experience reading and writing business requirements and functional requirements documents preferred
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.