This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Business Analyst will be responsible for documenting business processes, gathering requirements and designing business reports and analytic solutions. The analyst will work independently with users to collect enterprise and customer reporting requirements, managing timelines and expectations. Also engages with other teams, departments and stakeholders to make sure all the reporting solution development requirements are well documented, fully understood and delivered per expectations. The analyst is expected to develop expertise of a subject matter expert of application data components over a period of time. The analyst will handle ad-hoc data requests, write SQL queries and make sure the output data meets expectations. Will also be responsible for development of dashboards and scorecards in PowerPivot, or other data visualization and business intelligence/analytic tools to summarize data in a meaningful and presentable format.
* Responsible for driving management level reporting, analytics and data mining.
* Designing and Developing Dashboards using Power Pivot, Power BI and other data visualization tools for various organizational metrics and indicators.
* Creating new reports and modifying existing reports using industry standards and best practices
* Elicit business requirements using business analysis, interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, use cases, scenarios, business process descriptions, tasks and workflow analysis.
* Use the gathered requirements to develop logic for reporting, analytics or IT application support.
* Apply analytical skills to assess problems/needs, document requirements and determine new process, IT or report solutions.
* Developing manual/automated reporting programs using data from billing, service and sales systems. Design and distribute reports from Oracle and other in house applications.
* Perform statistical analysis, build predictive models, and formulate decision models that relate operational activities to results to drive value stream enhancement and continuous improvement.
* Develop or maintain access databases.
* Develop graphs, charts, pivot tables and raw data tables on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Write Excel/Access Macros, Visual Basic coding.
* Perform ad-hoc data analysis and manual data refreshes. Determine when repetitive ad-hoc requests should be included as standard reporting.
* Understand data standards and identify data abnormalities. Instill data quality in all solutions delivered.
* Engage with IT to transform existing solutions to new methodology and technology. Liaise with IT to manage process of data mapping, UAT testing, etc.
* Maintain close alignment with all customers (internal, external, management and at the field level) and other data reporting teams to ensure requirements are being met.
* Leverage collaboration portals like SharePoint for requirements gathering, design, project development and deployment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors degree or higher from a reputed university in engineering, IT, economics, math, statistics, science or other related fields in quantitative or analytical discipline.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in related business analyst or data/reporting analyst roles.
* Excellent skill level in SQL, PL/SQL. Strong SQL query writing experience.
* Advanced knowledge of Toad, PowerPivot, and/or other data extraction, mining, visualization and reporting tools strongly required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Power BI.
* Proficiency in dashboard and scorecard design and development.
* Understanding of Database Design. Excellent skill level in relational database required.
* Oracle, MS SQL Server intermediate knowledge.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Visio.
* Proficient in MS Excel and MS Access (with macros and visual basic).
* Excellent critical-thinking skills with the ability to research and analyze data retrieved from multiple sources
* Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
* Ability to build rapport, cultivate working relationships and drive collaboration across teams.
* Must be an adaptable self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Must be able to juggle multiple projects and organize time effectively.
* Superior documentation and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented.
* Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic environment.
* Must be willing to put in extra time and effort if need be. Go above and beyond the requirements of the job and strive to exceed expectations.
* M Language