Business Analyst (3402)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Logistics Management Institute
Crystal City, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Seeking a Business Analyst Consultant for a not-for-profit government consulting organization headquartered in McLean, VA. Candidate must hold an Active DOD secret clearance and be able to work on site in the DC, VA area. Limited travel may be required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for actively supporting the execution of strategic initiatives, metric/report development, ad-hoc reports, maintenance of routine reports, and special projects, which may include root-cause analysis and process re-design. This position plays a key role in partnering with local teams to drive clinical and business outcomes. The successful person in this role will be able to identify root causes through data driven, systematic approaches, synthesize knowledge from past projects and employ in new initiatives and effectively communicate recommendations to leadership.
* Analyze business partner operations to understand and determine opportunities to automate processes and functions
* Document and analyze information and data related to projects
* Prepare requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations
* Define, develop, and implement reporting processes
* Monitor and participate in ensuring project deadlines and schedules are met
* Conducts quantitative and qualitative analyses on a broad array of issues across disciplines, projects and functional areas as assigned
* Able to work independently on complex business issues
* Finds areas of opportunity by conducting data analysis and forming credible relationships with local managers, providers, and partners to understand and spread best practices
* Performs strategic opportunity analysis from raw operational data
* Creates process flow diagrams; understands basic process construct
* Summarizes insights concisely and clearly; translates findings effectively into a compelling story
* Establishes key performance indicators related to existing and/or new processes
* Analyzes data and metrics to quantify business results
* Support implementation of new operational initiatives through project management, data gathering/reporting/analysis, and training team
* Perform ad hoc analysis to support decision-making and performance improvement, engage relevant stakeholders to get input and support, and present findings from analysis
* DOD Secret Clearance
* Bachelor s degree in a related area (Business, Project Management, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, MIS) preferred
* One (1) to two (2) years related analytical experience preferred in role demonstrating strong analytical skills and business acumen
* Demonstrated competence in data analysis, process design, and project management
* Strong MS Excel and analytical skills combined with strategic thinking, problem solving ability, and operations mindset
* Ability to take initiative and independently plan, prioritize and execute timely completion of all tasks/projects
* Ability to manage multiple assignments of strategic and/or operational importance, work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with superior attention to detail
* Ability to use PowerPoint to develop and present ideas and analyses effectively to a broad range of audiences
* Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) required; Experience with MS Visio, MS Project, MS Access, SharePoint, Must possess excellent presentation skills.
* Knowledge of Army ERP s preferred.
* Knowledge of Army logistics preferred.
* 5 or more years of management consulting experience highly desirable.
Security Clearance Statement:
DOD Secret Clearance is required. Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with current security clearances. Please note that only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Crystal City, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.