Business Analyst III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The IT Business Analyst III is responsible to provide more complex support between internal business teams and the Information Technology teams. Collects, organizes, and provides analysis and evaluation of existing or proposed systems and devices to process data. Defines scope and objectives and assists in formulating system design to align with business strategy. Assists business partners in decision making process and clarifying ideas. Develops detailed program specifications and flowcharts, and coordinates the system's installation with the user department, ensuring satisfactory results. Assists IT staff to define and document IT processes. Manages UAT, assists business partners in creating UAT documentation and performs basic troubleshooting during the UAT process. Manages stakeholder expectations and relationships during and after the project.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Analyzes existing business processes and procedures, formulates, and shares best practices and leads the business departments in defining, establishing, and promoting business policies and standards.
* Diagnoses problems and identifies opportunities for process redesign and improvement.
* Researches and compiles information for business case studies, feasibility, cost and Return on Investment (ROI) analysis on behalf of the business teams.
* Participates in new software buy versus build decisions, evaluates new software products, and recommends software solutions that best meet the current and future needs of the business.
* Initiates and interviews business stakeholders to define business requirements for approved projects.
* Interviews business stakeholders and translates business and functional requirements into a comprehensive business Test Plan. Leads Business Team through the duration of UAT.
* Creates training materials and assists with user orientation and training
* Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
* Manages release schedules, prioritizes projects, ensures adequate resources are available during testing windows, attends/leads meetings, provides project status reporting to management, assists with testing scenarios, and validates results
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
* Knowledge of business analysis methodologies, such as processes for requirements definition, business/systems analysis, and business test planning.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Prefer knowledge of process flow chart software, such as Microsoft Visio.
* Working knowledge of various UNFI applications
* Experience with SDLC
* Experience with interacting with senior management
* 5-7 years of Business Analysis preferred, including developing business requirements, developing test plans, solving business problems and/or identifying business process improvement opportunities.
* Demonstrated ability to identify business process inefficiencies, research and analyze solutions, and evaluate and present alternatives and recommendations
* Knowledge of how systems and technology can be leveraged to solve business problems. An understanding of how systems and technology work and support business practices.
* Exhibits strong oral and written communication skills. Formal meeting or informal business discussion facilitation and public speaking.
* Business problem solving skills
* Ability to adapt to changes in project priority and direction.
* Demonstrates strong judgment and decision making skills.
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.