Business Analyst III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
BOK Financial Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 14883
Areas of Interest: Business/Technical Analysis; Commercial Banking; Professional; Project Management
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .The Business Analyst III is primarily responsible for defining and performing analysis, design, documentation, planning, and deployment of systems software and procedures which require complex technical and systems knowledge; has understanding of Project Management Methodology and able to manage, estimate and apply testing for complex projects; provides day-to-day support, change control, and severity notification for applications systems.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to write business and functional requirements including data retention specs, report definition, and data security requirements for complex projects. Provides complex business process modeling. Provides projects estimates for complex projects and enhancements. Ability to read and restart simple job scheduling needs. Ability to set up 5+ complex jobs and dependencies.
- Application Support Skills
- Apply business application patches and releases
- Diagnose and remediate problems
- Performs root cause analysis
- Design and execution of Disaster Recovery processes
- Develop and maintains application documentation
- Application configuration of complex control files
- Installation of desktop clients
- Change Control creation, presentation and management
- Severity Notification creation, presentation and management
- Track and remediate metrics and trends of application performance
- Technical Skills
- Create simple reports from database repositories
- Perform simple queries
- Ability to perform complex production deployments
- Project Management Skills
- Ability to manage moderate projects using methodology, artifacts, funding, etc.
- Perform testing on complex projects and enhancements
- Relationship Management Skills
- Manage the relationship between IS and the Line of Business Supervisory Level, Management Level, and Senior Management Level
- Ability to prioritize Line of Business and/or Technical Priority Board (TPB) projects and enhancement requests
- Ability to influence or set the strategy and vision for the Line of Business
- Participate in annual planning and estimating
- Enterprise Architecture Skills
- Define and employ IS Governance policies
- Employ Project Architecture methodologies
- Employ SOA Governance policies
- Employ IS Technology standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Understanding of complex application data flows across multiple highly integrated applications
- Complex security knowledge
- Understanding of application disaster recovery
- Awareness of software integration, system integration, and technology used
- Understanding of RDBMS principles and tools
- Knowledge of moderate infrastructure principles
- Understanding of tiered environments (e.g. development, production, DR)
- Understanding of technology standards and concepts
- Understanding of Project Management Methodology (basic framework, phases, artifacts, process, and funding)
- Understanding of Quality/ Testing Methodologies
- Understanding of Line of Business goals and objectives
- Understanding of Architecture Governance
- Understand the role of Enterprise Architecture
- Understand the role of Domain Steering Committee
- Understand Architecture Framework
- Understanding of middleware technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skillsThis level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelors Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science and 5-7 years related experience or 11-13 years work related experience, which includes business application support and project understanding.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and BOK Financial.