Business Analyst - Macquarie Investment Management (Philadelphia)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRECRUITER: Sophie Miller Chatfield
BUSINESS ANALYST DELAWARE INVESTMENTS
Delaware Investments, a member of Macquarie Group, provides world-class asset management for institutions and individuals. The firm's structure, with distinct and highly focused investment teams, allows for a style-specific research effort tailored for each asset class and a deep understanding of researched companies.
We are looking for a candidate to provide critical analytical and strategic project support to the Chief Administrative Officer, which may include supporting high-profile business initiatives as well as assisting with tactical, day-to-day tasks associated with running the Delaware Investments business. Based out of Philadelphia, this position will also help support the Business Management & Analytics Group, which reports to the Chief Administrative Officer.
The Business Management & Analytics group provides critical business support to Delaware's sales and client service teams which includes, but is not limited to: development and deployment of value-add analytics tools, sales budgeting, sales reporting to senior management, oversight of the CRM platform, development and administration of the applicable commission plans, and strategic planning initiatives. The Business Analyst will assist with various initiatives / tasks in the Business Management & Analytics group. Members of the team must excel in a dynamic fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing business needs including potential travel (less than 10%) and working evenings and weekends.
* Support the business planning, operational processes, and execution across the Delaware Investments business
* Support on-going strategic analysis for the business and ad hoc requests as needed
* Support the coordination and execution within Macquarie Investment Management, especially as related to global distribution initiatives
* Support various management / intelligence reporting and analysis activities
* Provide analytical support for the business, as needed
* Compile executive level presentations for senior management
* Work collaboratively with all members of the Business Management & Analytics group on ad hoc initiatives
POSITION SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* BA/BS in business/finance/MIS with excellent academic results
* Advanced degree or certification preferred (e.g. CPA, CFA, or MBA)
* 4 - 7 years of experience in consulting, accounting or finance preferred
* Expert computer skills including MS Excel, MS Access and MS PowerPoint
* Work within a global firm / context desired
* Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
* Entrepreneurial, highly motivated and self-directed with a can-do attitude
* Effectively interact and communicate with various levels of employees
* Maintains high standards of honesty, integrity, and confidentiality
* Flexibility in handling change and working through ambiguity
* Strong sense of ownership for delivering excellent results
* Persistence in pursuing goals despite obstacles and setbacks
* Works with others towards shared goals
Delaware Investments, a member of Macquarie Group, is the marketing name for Delaware Management Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including the Fund's distributor, Delaware Distributors, L.P. Macquarie Group refers to Macquarie Group Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.
ADVERTISED: 24 Aug 2016 Eastern Daylight Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities