This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Optimal Solutions and Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: Business Analyst
LOCATION: McLean, VA
JOB ID: 1682
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* Elicit, analyze, validate, and manage business and system needs using analytical techniques and translate them into, requirements for the development and testing team
* Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional and non-functional requirements for the team with appropriate level of detail for the intended audience
* Document requirements specifications using standard templates, and language that is clear, concise and easily understandable by all members of the team
* Analyze feasibility, and impact to cost, scope, and schedule constraints for large or complex programs
* Develop and maintain Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTMs) that capture service requirements for the planned service and that will be used for monitoring and reporting test results
* Facilitate requirements gathering and consensus meetings with stakeholders to help define program requirements
* Document, manage and distribute project requirements and meeting minutes from client meetings to the team
* Document the as-is process related to various workflows involving internal and external stakeholders
* Gather detailed business requirements and document the to-be process to enhance the current application systems
* Work with a statistical analyst to analyze and document trends and bottlenecks in the process, address root causes and recommend corrective actions
* Participate in the management outreach efforts to implement use of new software systems, dashboards and processes
* Provide coordination and communication support to project managers and other key customer stakeholders
* Experience in Business and System Requirements/Process Re-engineering, in an SDLC and Agile environment
* Experience working with users and customers to understand, gather, document and validate requirements
* Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite tools (Word, Excel, SharePoint)
* Very strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
* Very strong analytical and systems evaluation skills
* Ability to analyze issues and document them and recommend corrective actions
* Very organized and able to prioritize tasks at hand
* Excellent team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Ability to support reviewing of test cases and testing to validate the requirements
* Bachelor s degree in engineering, math or science; Foreign degrees require US equivalency evaluation
* The applicant must be able to obtain a public trust clearance
* 5+ years of relevant experience
NICE TO HAVE:
* Experience with database queries to support backend testing
* Experience using Requirements Development and Management tools such as RequisitePro, CaliberRM etc.
* CMMI L3 or higher process knowledge and experience
* Experience with using statistical tools like @Risk, Minitab
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.