Business Analyst - Pricing Strategy & Optimization
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for strategic pricing support to the category management team assisting in prequoting and onboarding exercises. Provide analytical support and be a key point of contact to identify margin expansion opportunity. Support price optimization within the company toward right pricing.
* Analyze ongoing product Performance to identify price change opportunities.
* Partners with business customers as a key analytics point of contact and as a thought leader to identify research and business opportunities that the pricing team can support.
* Support advanced analytics to drive price optimization and communicate the strategies to the sales team.
* Be a pricing expert for new product launch and product positioning.
* Assist in competitive list price research and work closely to monitor and devise strategy to be competitive in market.
* Supports algorithms for complex and large-scale price optimization
* Use analytics tools via Qlkiview, Business Warehouse etc. to conduct various business analysis for key stakeholders and be a champion to drive strategies.
* Assists with ad-hoc analytics in support of business initiatives and potential development of those into automated tools and reports.
Experience & Skills:
* Advanced Excel skills, preferable to have experience in Qlikview, or Tableau
* Strong organizational and time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently and also be a contributing team player
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
* Attention to details a must
* BS/BA Degree preferred in Business, Maths, Economics, Science. MBA a plus.
* At least 3-5 years applicable experience preferably in business analysis
* Excellent communication and presenting skills
* Experience with handling large volumes of data
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .