This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
Redwood City, CA
The Business Analyst will be responsible for designing and optimizing business processes and systems in Genomic Health s Commercial Operations organization. The Business Analyst acts as the interface between business units and technology teams. He/she will support process improvement projects and product launches through all phases of the project life cycle.
This position will specialize in assignments involving process design for the department s Order and Sample Management areas, including the Physician s Portal, though analysis projects in support of other areas will be assigned as needed. Design and management of ordering materials and interfacing with designers and vendors will be required. The primary customers for this position includes Customer Service, Managed Care the Clinical Laboratory, and our external customers.
Business Process Development
* Work with department leads to analyze existing processes and systems to identify opportunities for improvement. Propose phasing strategies to efficiently implement projects.
* Quantify projected return on investment, including quality and efficiency gains, to assist in prioritization of projects.
* Develop detailed documentation (process flow charts, decision tables, user stories, business requirements documents) to aid in the development and refinement of new processes.
* Collaborate with IT and business to provide system design solutions and process changes.
* Provide input and support to business during implementation phase, including carrying out software user testing, composing SOPs, and/or conducting employee training.
* Serve as frontline support in troubleshooting process and systems issues post-launch.
* Manage backlog of projects and features. Collaborate with business partners to identify release candidates and roadmaps.
* Provide project status updates in both verbal and written format.
* Assist the project manager in developing detailed project timelines.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Works with minimal guidance from manager to deliver on medium to high complexity projects:
* Quickly develops a detailed understanding of the data, processes and systems utilized by the business area
* Consolidates input from business and technical stakeholders
* Works with team members to negotiate project timeline and scope to make best use of resources
* Overcomes challenges to move projects forward
* Efficiently manages multiple projects with competing deadlines
* Demonstrates effective analysis and communication skills:
* Mines data to inform business process flow decisions
* Documents complex business processes
* Demonstrates outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Delivers well-organized, informative presentations and requirements documents
* Excellent team player, demonstrating strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
* Experience working with Salesforce.com or other cloud-based solutions desired.
* BS/MS in Sciences or equivalent.
* 5-8 years of experience in commercial or laboratory operations, at least 1 of which involved business analysis, process development, or project management.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Travel Requirements:10% Travel
* Use of computer, and or telephone for long periods of time may be necessary.
* Considerable periods of time may be spent concentrating and or analyzing data
* Considerable periods of time may be spent communicating verbally and in various written forms including presentation material and email with other people
* At times, stress may be experienced.
* Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
* Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary; Facilities, Materials and Engineering employees occasionally must lift at least 50-75 pounds.
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit,www.GenomicHealth.comand follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth,Facebook,YouTubeandLinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees work life and personal life needs. To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.