Business Analyst - Software
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 1/1/2017
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
Our clients are senior business executives who value BCG's strategic, fact-based, and impact-oriented approach supported by highly experienced senior expert teams and rich benchmarking databases and analytical capability. BCG has a number of flagship software products that support our core capabilities. These products are critical to the success of our project teams to deliver superior quality insight and implementation of major change efforts. The Flagship Software Engineering team has been an invaluable partner of the Practice Areas in this endeavor. Together, we have custom developed and deployed a number of software applications with proven success in the field.
The Business Analyst will play a critical role in the requirement gathering and user acceptance testing phases in next generational development of these software applications, likely collaborating in successful multi-million dollar, multi-year investments. Under general guidance from the Applications Development Technical Lead, the key activities of this role will include gathering, vetting, prioritizing, and documenting requirements; collaborating with UX Specialists to produce wireframes, and UI and data flows; collaborating with Software Quality Analysts to document outcomes and new requirements during user acceptance testing. We are planning to develop highly analytical products and therefore this is mandatory to have Mathematics, or Stats, or Econometrics knowledge to be able to understand the Marketing and Pricing domain.
* Work with the App. Dev. Tech. Lead, Product Manager, and other stakeholders to formulate, document, and communicate the project's business vision, scope, and requirements (functional & non-functional)
* Work with UX Specialists to produce wireframes, and UI and data flows
* Translate requirements into stories and use cases for developers
* Translate developers questions into stories and use cases that can be understood by stakeholders
* Translate technical issues and limitations into constraints that can be understood by stakeholders
* Test and validate requirements before release, during iteration reviews, and during UAT; and document new requirements, requirement changes, future enhancements, usability and technical issues, workarounds, and bugs.
* Performs other projects and duties as assigned or required.
* Moderate amount of traveling dependent on project requirements.
Basic Job Requirements
* BS/BA Degree in software engineering, mathematics or computer science or related field; or MBA with experience in software tools development
* Minimum 5 years experience in software tools development
* Excellent knowledge in the following fields, technologies, and tools:
* Different software development models and life cycle
* Functional analysis process
* MS Excel, PPT, Word
* Mathematics, or Stats, or Econometrics knowledge
* Desirable experience and knowledge:
* User interface design
* Programming (e.g., MS Excel VBA)
* Web development (ASP, .NET / MS Visual Studio, HTML, XML)
* Other preferable skill areas:
* Knowledge of Statistical tools like R, SAS, etc.
* Knowledge of Marketing domain
Problem solving, analytical skills and decision making
* Able to effectively handle difficult and stressful situations with poise, tact and patience, while demonstrating a sense of urgency
* Able to anticipate, identify, and solve critical problems proactively
* Able to identify long lead time elements of work and plan accordingly
* Able to make decisions with an extremely strong business sense
* Flexible, self-motivated, and proactive out-of-the-box and critical thinker
Communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Fluent written and spoken English (other languages are desirable)
* Ability and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback
Work management, organization and planning
* Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail, efficient time management, and the ability to prioritize work effectively
* Independently and proactively communicates issues, priorities, and objectives
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment
Customer and business focus
* Strong collaborative skills and able to adjust approach to effectively interact with customers at all organizational and technical levels
* Focus on excellent customer service and user needs
Values and ethics
* Demonstrates competence and character that inspires trust.
* Ability to respect all BCG and client information as personal and confidential
* Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG s values and culture.
* Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential.
* It is necessary to have the ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and incorporate multiple labor laws and cultures.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 2928BR