Business Analyst - Web Applications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas
JOB DESCRIPTIONGroup presentation
At thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
We strive to make cities the best ever places to live, by advancing an industry that moves over 1 billion people each day. We are transforming our business by driving the industry norm and challenging ourselves, fostering a culture of internal and external collaboration, and building on our unique engineering capabilities to optimize existing and create new products and solutions for our customers that cater to real mobility needs. thyssenkrupp Elevator brings together the Group's global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 7.2 billion euros in fiscal 2014/2015 and customers in 150 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator built its position as one of the world's leading elevator companies from scratch in a mere 40 years' time applying thyssenkrupp unique engineering capabilities. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers smart and innovative products and services designed to meet customers' individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.'
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, in over 230 branch and service locations. thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of thyssenkrupp Elevator AG.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking an experienced Business Analyst - Web Applications to join our world class team in Frisco, TX.
Essential Job Functions:
* Capture high-level Business Requirements and translate into Technical Specifications, and help prioritize and manage requirements, possibly through a multi-phased delivery.
* Lead and/or assist with the analysis and documentation of complex process workflows, future-state conceptual system designs, user interfaces, and similar components
* Develop, execute, and maintain QA and UAT test plans and scripts, and assist business partners in applicable testing phases
* Identify, evaluate, obtain approval as necessary, and manage all changes in scope
* Respond to and manage systems and project related inquiries from end users
* Act as a marketing liaison between technical and business resources, and help mitigate and manage conflicts, risks, and issues
* Ability to operate effectively and easily transition between strategic and tactical initiatives and assignments.
* Capable of engaging in technical communications with internal teams
* Has an understanding of QA principles and project management basic principles
* Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, interpersonal skills and project planning skills
* Demonstrates aptitude towards problem identification, resolution and comprehension and interpretation of technical processes
* Is a quick study; applies what is learned on the job and QA principles/knowledge and can readily adapt to situations where there may be ambiguity in requirements or systems processes
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Project
* Experienced in creating data flow or work flow modeling within Visio or Lucid Charts
* Create clarity, alignment and ownership around the solution
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in MIS, Business, Marketing, or a related field
* 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst on enterprise-level initiatives
* 3+ years of leadership experience
* Knowledge of software development best practices
* Knowledge of SQL databases and web technologies
Our offer to you
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website:
thyssenkrupp Elevator Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.