Business Architect - Consumer Packaged Goods
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONITS Senior Enterprise Architect, KCNA
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C's applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C's sole discretion.
Job Summary The Business Architect - Consumer Packaged Goods has expertise in the creation, communication and improvement of the key principles, methods and models that describe the enterprise's future state and enable its evolution. The scope of the enterprise architecture process involves the interpretation of business goals, drivers and strategies, the assessment of the current capabilities of the people, processes, information and technology of the enterprise, and the determination of how these relate to one another and to the external environment. The process supports the formation of the constraints, standards and guiding principles required to define, assure and govern the required evolution and the transitional processes that facilitate predictable transition to the intended state through information-enabled change in the organization's structure, business processes, information systems and infrastructure.
* Proactively interacts with business partners and IT at all stages of lifecycle to design solutions, influence strategy, provide new business and technology ideas, align and prioritize projects to architecture priorities and drives architecture driven investments around our CPG business.
* Collaborative and inspirational leader providing solution design review and direction to solution architects.
* Seen by senior leadership and CIO as their key, strategic resource regarding technology and its role in supporting the future of the CPG business.
* Possesses a strong CPG geographical business and technological market acumen to contribute to the strategic business plan and operational direction.
* Is recognized as an authority in IT, inside the organization and within the industry. Has a leadership role in external panels, conferences, and forums enhancing the stature of company in the industry and technology community.
* Has a CTO mindset to develop technology strategies addressing business problems, incorporating business maturity models that require a long-term, strategic perspective.
* * Must look 1-3 years ahead to consider the long-term consequences for the enterprise when choosing a technical direction, proposing a technology investment, harmonization of the environments, simplification opportunities or advising a business leader on strategic issues.
* Possesses the broad expertise to integrate the technical vision for IT, integrating across technologies, systems, and organizations.
* Leads vendor selection process and provides recommendations for investment in technology solutions, supported by appropriate ROI, total cost of ownership, and/or cost benefit analyses.
* Develops architectural standards and roadmaps to migrate to standards that will add significant value to the business.
* Ensures coordination and completion of design review board based on design review board guidance
* Provides solution designs to IT project in the category of new vendor, new technology, and new capability.
* Empowers solution architect providing technical guidance, and needed training within capability scope
* Guarantees solution architects follow enterprise architecture practices for all projects within capability scope.
* Guarantees data quality and accuracy of enterprise artifact repository.
* Captures and prioritizes market and environmental trends, business strategies and objectives, and identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies within the CPG business. Establishes the contribution that technology can make to business objectives, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level business models, and preparing business cases. Leads the creation and review of a systems capability strategy that meets the strategic requirements of the business. Develops enterprise-wide architecture and processes that ensure that the strategic application of change is embedded in the management of the organization, ensuring the buy-in of all stakeholders. Develops and presents business cases, for high-level initiatives, for approval, funding and prioritization. Ensures compliance between business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and technology directions, setting strategies, policies, standards and practices.
* Provides organizational leadership and guidelines to promote the development and exploitation of specialist knowledge in the organization.
* Has authority and responsibility for all aspects of one or multiple significant areas of work, including policy formation and application. Is fully accountable for actions taken and decisions made, both by self and subordinates.
* Makes decisions critical to organizational success. Influences developments within the IT industry at the highest levels. Advances the knowledge and/or exploitation of IT within one or more organizations. Develops long-term strategic relationships with customers, partners, industry leaders and government.
* Leads on the formulation and implementation of strategy. Applies the highest level of management and leadership skills. Has a deep understanding of the IT industry and the implications of emerging technologies for the wider business environment.
* Has a full range of strategic management and leadership skills. Understands, explains and presents complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner. Has a broad and deep IT knowledge coupled with equivalent knowledge of the activities of those businesses and other organizations that employ IT.
* Clearly communicate at all levels of the organization the potential impact of emerging technologies on organizations and individuals and assesses the risks of using or not using such technologies. Assesses the impact of legislation, and actively promotes compliance. Takes the initiative to keep both own and subordinates skills up to date and to maintain an awareness of developments in IT.
* Has confidence to organize and deliver effective presentations to small and large groups, delivering focused, engaging presentations that promote business results.
* Demonstrates leadership and the ability to influence, guide, and coach for improvement. Sets performance expectations and reviews performance progress.
* Bachelor's Degree
* 7+ years of Information Technology experience
* 5+ years functioning as an Enterprise or Business Architect
* Experience with key CPG functional business areas and associated technologies such as Sales (e.g. trade, retail data, etc.), Shopper/Category Management and/or Customer Supply (Manufacturing, and/or Supply Chain).
* Enterprise Architecture certified or equivalent experience using industry standards such as TOGAF or Zachman.
* Experience developing architectural standards and road maps
* Evangelist for a bigger picture strategy, integrating the business and technological vision, connecting the dots across business needs, technologies, processes, and information
* Proven experience across multiple business areas, and multiple technologies with well-rounded background in applications, software, databases, middleware, etc.
* Proven experience in large-complex application rationalization efforts, maximizing current investment and optimizi