This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US, Inc
South San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About the Company
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is a leading biopharmaceutical company employing over 2,500 dedicated professionals covering all key markets around the world - including Europe, the US, Japan, China, Russia and Mexico. Headquartered in Allschwil, near Basel, Switzerland, our functional, award-winning Actelion Center is a symbol of our innovative spirit and culture.
We are searching for breakthrough medicines for high unmet medical needs and this inspires and motivates all of us to work towards achieving our overriding mission: to treat more patients with groundbreaking therapies.
Besides highly competitive compensation and tangible benefits, would you like to have a noticeable impact and enjoy our culture of innovation, trust and teamwork? Do you want to grow in a different kind of company with an enthusiastic, stimulating environment fostered by open communication and a results-driven approach? Then we welcome your application to join our team in the role of Business Associate, based in South San Francisco, Ca.
The Business Associate will take part in the Business Rotational Program which is a two-year development program, broken down into four six-month assignments, that provide exposure and visibility to several different business units within Actelion US. This is a paid position with benefits. The intent of this role is to identify and train participants for a career within Actelion U.S. Typical rotations may include assignments in any number of areas, including, but not limited to:
* Market Access
* Corporate Services such as Finance, HR or Applications
Primary responsibilities will vary depending on the current rotation, but may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Develop and execute plans within the functional area of each rotation
* Plan, execute and monitor market research projects and activities
* Interface with customers and vendors in developing product plans and provide on-going customer support
* Partner in the development of Medical Planning Team activities (if PharmD)
* Collaborate with the field sales team to identify creative solutions for hospitals and physicians that will ensure effective and efficient delivery of services
This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MBA, PharmD, or other applicable post-graduate degree
* Candidates who have completed their PharmD, MBA or Executive MBA program in the past six months; those who completed both an MBA and a PharmD program strongly preferred
* Demonstrated interest in biotechnology, pharmaceutical or healthcare career required
* Experience/demonstrated interest in the medical or healthcare field
* Demonstrated leadership skills and community involvement
* Demonstrated academic success - GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Willingness to relocate domestically or internationally during or after rotation
* Former internships within medical or healthcare desirable
* Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement