Business Banker Team Lead - New York 8/9/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
SUMMARY: The role of the Business Banker Team Lead is that of a producing supervisor. The Team Leader is responsible for meeting personal production and deposit goals individually (as indicated in the job description for Business Banker) as well as the responsibility of assuring that his/her team production and deposit goals are met. Teams may consist of geographically situated Business Bankers and/or specialty segments such as healthcare or SBA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Achieves personal deposit, loan production, portfolio retention and cross-sell goals.
* Achieves team deposit, production, portfolio retention and cross-sell goals.
* Works in close accord with Business Banking Sales Team Manager to ensure departmental sales and credit objectives are met.
* Works with team members on structuring credit requests, presenting loans to Underwriting and senior management for decision. Reviews cash flow and financials with team members and Credit.
* Coaches team members and assists in developing and implementing action plans for assigned team. Meets with assigned team on a regular basis and documents any actions to be taken in employees personnel file.
* Meets continuously with Market Managers of the assigned areas and develops and implements ongoing tactics to achieve goals and provide for client satisfaction.
* Monitors and supervises employees attendance and expenses.
* Is visible in the community and involved in civic and community organizations while promoting the BankUnited name.
* Assists with the development of campaigns and promotions.
* Reviews and approves rates and fees as need be.
* Overrules rates and fees.
* Supervise Team performance and coaches and assists team members in meeting and achieving goals.
* Monitor employee attendance and vacations.
* Review employee expenses
* Develops action plans and performance objectives with employees. Meets with employees on a regular basis to make sure plans are being followed.
* Time Management and ability to delegate duties to Team Members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent; and a minimum of seven years as a Business Banker or Commercial Lender
* Formal Credit training or on the job training
* Supervisory experience helpful.
Applicants to, and employees of most private employers, state and local governments, educational institutions, employment agencies, and labor organizations are protected under Federal law from discrimination on the following bases (please go through following link to read more about it):http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf