Business Banking Portfolio Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
SUMMARY: The Sr. Business Banking Portfolio Officer (SBBPO) will be the support for Portfolio Management related processes for an assigned portfolio of existing loans within Business Banking. This position will exercise individually assigned lending authority, as granted by the BankUnited Board of Directors, to underwrite loans in accordance with Bank policy and regulatory safety and soundness standards. Sr. Business Banking Portfolio Officers are assigned the most complex lending relationships and are expected to provide guidance and assistance to less experienced BBPOs, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT DUTIES:
* Serves as support contact for lending relationships, and closely communicates/escalates all critical issues to the assigned Business Banker/Business Banking Sales Team Manager/Business Banking Credit Officer as needed.
* Manages payment delinquencies, past due insurance renewals and real estate tax payments.
* Actively maintains the Bank s tickler systems.
* Collects financial information in line with applicable loan agreements. Prepares information follow-up letters and communicates with clients to collect this information.
* Utilizes financial and other data to ensure early detection of potentially deteriorating credit quality within assigned loan portfolio.
* Manages potential default situations in accordance with Bank procedure.
* Conducts covenant testing on lending relationships where covenants are required to be tested per the loan and credit agreement and/or credit approval.
* Assures portfolio is appropriately risk rated at all times. Generates risk rating changes forms for upgrading or downgrading lending relationships as needed.
* Prepares Business Banking Quarterly Portfolio Review for Business Banker presentation.
* Proactively manages criticized assets with heightened level of documented client communication and interaction, and establishes acceptable actions plan to address identified concerns.
* Prepares Criticized Asset Report (CARs) forms for presentation at quarterly Criticized Asset Committee (CAC) meeting. Prepares Line Criticized Asset Reports (LCARs) for those loans that fall below the CAC threshold.
* Transfers criticized assets to the Workout and Recovery department (WAR) when applicable.
* Ensures proper documentation and organization of Business Banking credit files.
* Orders appraisals and completes appraisal reviews for criticized assets/modifications/renewals, or as otherwise required by a Business Banking Credit Officer and/or Management.
* Facilitates new money transactions by monitoring request from time of commitment letter acceptance through closing. This shall include, but is not limited to, working with the Business Banker and Loan Administration to ensure smooth and timely transition from application to closing.
* Performs all annual reviews, renewals, and modifications of existing loans within assigned portfolio in a timely manner. This may include, but is not limited to, a narrated financial analysis, credit bureau data review, collateral analysis, and review of entire client loan/deposit relationship(s). May also assist teammates with overflow of work from other Portfolio Officers, as deemed necessary by Management.
* Reviews and interprets personal and business tax returns and financial statements and perform cash flow and comprehensive global cash flow analyses using Bank approved global cash flow worksheet and approved financial spreading software.
* Specifies appropriate conditions for loan renewal/modification approval.
* Evaluates requests for credit and approves or denies based on authority level within accepted Bank policies/procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines. Seeks higher approval authority as required by Total Corporate Exposure (TCE).
* Provides support to Business Bankers, branch personnel and/or loan processors by answering queries and providing training on basic lending issues.
* Participates in training seminars and workshops to enhance skill level.
* Proactively maintains a clear and up-to-date understanding of Bank Credit Policy and Procedure.
* Performs all required regulatory training in a timely manner, as required by the Bank.
* Performs special projects as assigned and deemed necessary by Bank and/or Management.
* Collaborates with all Bank personnel and management for purpose of managing assigned loan portfolio, identifying and communicating cross-sell opportunities to Business Banker, and appropriately managing credit risk within assigned portfolio.
QUALIFICATIONS/COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: College degree preferred. 8+ years related work experience in credit and portfolio management required.
Applicants to, and employees of most private employers, state and local governments, educational institutions, employment agencies, and labor organizations are protected under Federal law from discrimination on the following bases (please go through following link to read more about it):http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf