Business Banking Underwriter III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
SUMMARY: Exercises individually assigned lending authority, as granted by the Board of Directors, to underwrite loans in accordance with bank policy and regulatory safety and soundness standards. This position primarily supports the Business Banking Lending Division but may support other divisions, as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Processes new loan request by reviewing applications, credit histories, collateral and relationship with bank (other accounts).
* Evaluates requests for credit and approves or denies based on authority level within accepted bank policies/procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines.
* Determines terms and acceptability of risk of prospective business lines.
* Mentors and trains lower level underwriters, in addition to facilitating specialized training throughout the bank as requested by management.
* Temporarily steps into supervisory roles in the absence of supervisors and managers.
* Reviews and interprets personal and business tax returns.
* Performs cash flow analysis using the debt service worksheet.
* Provides support to account officers/executives, loan officers, branches and/or loan processors by answering queries and providing training on basic lending issues.
* Evaluates data and makes required decisions based on high risk factors.
* Specifies conditions for loan approval.
* Submits declined loans to Manager for second review.
* Works on special projects as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma required; college degree preferred. Formal credit training required. 6+ years related experience required.
* 5 years' experience underwriting business loans up to $3MM or more highly desired
* Residential mortgage underwriting is not applicable for this role and will not be considered
Applicants to, and employees of most private employers, state and local governments, educational institutions, employment agencies, and labor organizations are protected under Federal law from discrimination on the following bases (please go through following link to read more about it):http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf