Business Continuity Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Key responsibilities for this role are performing the day to day plan reviews, facilitating exercises, incident support, on-call, etc. The right person will have hands on experience and the desire to be on the front line working directly with our business contacts.
* Responsible to plan, design, develop and maintain the overall data strategy, data architecture, data models, principles, and standards.
* Establish and maintain relationships with BTR Plan Managers, Coordinators and Sponsors in the Aon community.
* Provide support when a business disruption occurs, including liaising with the Global Emergency Operations Center (GEOC). Conduct incident summaries and after actions reviews, as directed.
* Ensure timely, accurate completion of BC/SR/ plans per agreed maintenance calendars with appropriate IT or Business Plan Manager/Coordinator. Document progress and compliance utilizing the preferred program management tools.
* Facilitate periodic/adhoc training on the BTR program suite of tools; focusing heavily on Continuity Analytics Management tool.
* Facilitate Continuity Analytics Management tool end-user administration.
* Facilitate Disaster Recovery Rationalization. Monitor portfolio of critical applications/systems to ensure business recovery requirements are met.
* Maintain periodic written and oral communications utilizing the globally agreed templates to appropriate IT or Business Plan Manager/Coordinator for site/application/data center to keep overall process in clear view of leaders.
* Conduct and assess BC/SR/DR tests/exercises to identify gaps and ensure continuous improvement. Evaluate current BC/DR/SR plan(s) against generally agreed upon Aon policies, standards and frameworks.
* Provide periodic advice and support to BC/DR/SR coordinators to assist in resolving program/planning/testing issues.
* Respond to client/carrier requests on Aon s BTR program and readiness.
* Drive development and ongoing management of BTR program plans and documentation that address the following using the preferred Aon global BTR program tools.
o Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
o Risk Assessment (RA)
o Business Continuity Plans (BCP)
o Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP)
o Work Area Recovery Plans (WAR) (in partnership with Aon Disaster Recovery leads & vendors)
o Situation Response Plans (SRP) (in partnership with GEOC)
* Facilitate action plans to ensure compliance. Key activities include:
o Risk assessment to evaluate potential threats
o Assess potential impacts through development/management of a business impact analysis (BIA).
o Identify and define critical and time sensitive functions, services, applications and infrastructure
* Perform business analysis, as needed, to explore potential/alternate recovery strategies. Report identified gaps to management.
* Assist with internal and external BTR audits,.
* Provide support to regional SRM peers and leadership, as requested.
* Actively participate in and support global SRM/BTR program initiatives driven by global team peers. Ability to collaborate to develop beneficial outcomes in support of global program objectives.
* Travel within the Americas region required.
* Bachelor s degree preferred or alternatively commensurate work experience
* Industry recognized certification in Business Continuity
* 2+ years hands-on experience in disaster recovery/business continuity/crisis management
* 1+ years of experience in information technology
* Project management experience.
* 1+ years experience facilitating group discussions, training/awareness meetings and exercise scenarios.
* 1+ years experience developing cross-functional/peer relationships. Experience building team consensus.
* Experience managing programs in a diverse geography.
* Experience using Business Continuity Planning software is preferred.
* On-call for incident response
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with mid- management (written and oral, presentation and interpersonal skills).
* Ability to train colleagues on BTR.
* Above average organizational skills.
* Understanding of crisis operations and effective communication processes.
* Understanding of BTR plan development and testing best practices and processes.
* General information technology (IT) knowledge. Ability to work with IT on analysis and solutions
* Understanding of industry best practices and standards.
* Self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks to meet project/global program requirements.
* Team player with ability to collaborate effectively in a fast-paced virtual team environment
Aon s Business and Technology Resilience team won four industry awards in 2016: 2016 TEAM OF THE YEAR (Disaster Recovery Institute International), 2016 CONTINUITY AND RESILIENCE TEAM, 2016 MOST EFFECTIVE RECOVERY (Business Continuity Institute North America), and 2016 CONTINUITY AND RESILIENCE TEAM, (Business Continuity Institute Asia).
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Careers
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. http://www.aon.com.
JOB NUMBER: 2420722
CATEGORY: Information Technology Group
LOCATION: United States, NJ, Bridgewater