Business / Corporate Paralegal 8/13/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Business / Corporate Paralegal
Portland, OR or Seattle, WA
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Bring your high-level of paralegal support to the following role:
* Contribute to the effective management of business transactions and litigation matters by providing high-level paralegal services to the attorneys
Combine your degree and legal experience with the following skills:
* 2 years of college and/or paralegal program certificate
* 5+ years experience as a paralegal in a corporate legal department or law firm or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Business/corporate paralegal experience preferred
* Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
* Knowledge of simple mathematics, grammar and techniques of business and legal composition
* Use of standard office equipment including telephone, personal computer, facsimile machine, calculator, copier and dictation / transcription equipment
* Proficiency in Windows PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Lotus Notes
* Knowledge of legal terminology and court rules in each jurisdiction within which Cambia operates
* Ability to organize information and communicate both orally and in writing with outside attorneys and executives and all levels of employees and management
* Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and discretion in confidential and sensitive matters
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision and assume increasingly complex responsibilities
* Ability to identify and prioritize workload, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.