Business Development Director 9/16/2016
Life Cycle Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Life Cycle Engineering
Life Cycle Engineering provides consulting, engineering, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for private industry, public entities, government organizations and the military. The quality, expertise and dedication of our employees enables Life Cycle Engineering to serve as a trusted resource for reliability consulting and services, net-centric solutions, engineering and technical services, integrated logistics support services, program support services and education. www.LCE.com
BEST PLACES TO WORK IN SOUTH CAROLINA - 10 YEARS RUNNING!
OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE-CENTRIC CULTURE
Currently, LCE is seeking a Business Development Director at our Charleston, SC office. Please find the position details below and additional details about our company, culture and benefits at the bottom of this post.
Business Development Director
The Business Development Director is responsible for contributing to the consistent profitable growth of our Reliability Consulting Group (RCG) and LCE. Emphasis will be on identifying and cultivating relationships for new business growth for strategic engagements. This includes partnering with operational team members and transferring client relationships in a manner that ensures the achievement of revenue growth targets for RCG. The position regularly interacts with various internal team members, external clients and partners in order to promote LCE's value proposition related to client's entire enterprise life cycle. This life cycle includes new capital investments; start up, turnaround, operational optimization, supply chain, decommissioning and potential M&A due diligence.
* Work with the Business Development Resource Center and Marketing to analyze market trends by industry vertical and identify sales opportunities that will drive new revenue growth.
* Establish and confirm 3-5 qualified meetings per week with senior level executives that have profit and loss responsibility for minimum $500MM revenue annually in the following industries/verticals: Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Power & Utilities, Metals & Mining, Manufacturing, Foods & Consumer Products, Pulp & Paper, Aerospace, Automotive, Transportation, Rails, Ports, Facilities & Infrastructure
* Emphasis will be placed upon closing strategic engagements with new clients. The average transaction size is expected to be greater than $1.0M with a target gross margin of 30- 40%.
* Help establish a pipeline that totals 5-6 times the average annual revenue targets.
* Development and leverage of advocate client base.
* Ensure continuous improvement of the business development process.
* Participate in trade shows and conferences.
* Participate in professional organizations.
Education & Experience Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline (i.e., Engineering, Business Management) required; an M.B.A. or Master's degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing will be beneficial.
* Minimum of ten years of experience selling manufacturing centric solutions and services. Experience with risk-based asset management, Lean and overall enterprise optimization helpful.
* A proven business development professional with a track record as a successful salesperson capable of targeting new clients, gaining access to leaders, identifying their pain, developing solutions and closing the transaction.
* Effective pipeline management experience necessary.
* Experience in business case development.
* Excellent proposal writing skills required.
* Experience with successful account management processes is preferred.
* Proven ability to manage client relationships over the long term to develop advocate clients.
Skills, Abilities & Traits
* Must be able to establish professional and personal relationships with all position stakeholders; a person of high character and humility that easily establishes credibility within RCG and client organizations.
* Ability to work as a team player and demonstrate personal initiative to complete the work of the team as a whole within rapidly changing business and contract conditions and priorities; must be able to manage to, and meet, tight deadlines.
* Ability to understand prospective clients' business challenges, define a consultative solution and persuade prospective clients to choose LCE's solution above all others.
* Strong financial and data analysis skills, including the ability to develop consultative solutions and corresponding cost benefit business case for engagement and present findings in a concise, thorough and informative manner.
* Must have capabilities to advance existing client relationships, work in a trusted advisor capacity with industry leaders and assist with key marketing initiatives.
* Knowledgeable in systematic Change Management Practices and their integration in consultative solutions.
* Strong knowledge of systematic Program Management Best Practices and their application in consultative solution engagements.
* Strong proposal development and proposal management experience.
* Ability to coach, mentor, share knowledge and develop others; training in Account Management and Business Development practices.
* Experience in deploying knowledge management utilizing a tool like SharePoint (customer success stories, reusable proposal content and graphics, resumes).
* Demonstrated ability to assess RCG's current state and develop future state processes, and continuously improve them.
* Proficiency in CRM or some other Business Development tool.
Physical Demands & Expectations
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent periods of prolonged sitting may be required.
* Flexibility to travel approximately 50% of the time.
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax, scanner and other office equipment.
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Free Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with affordable plans for the whole family.
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
* Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
* Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
* Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
* Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE)