Business Development Director, Defense Markets
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Phacil, an award winning Federal contractor, seeks a highly energized and accomplished Business Development Director focused on the US Federal Government Defense Agency IT Services market in Arlington, VA.
This business growth position will be responsible for improving and streamlining sales, Business Development & capture infrastructure, and meeting new business growth targets within the Federal Defense sector. This new Business Development Director position will be a highly capable individual with a proven track record of opening doors, negotiating and closing deals and at least 8+ years of broad-based, progressive federal contractor experience. The successful candidate will bring a proven competency and demonstrated understanding of new business generation across all contract types, complex solutions development and selling, and effective management of medium to large-scale contract pursuits.
The Business Development Director position has primary responsibility for the identification, development, and pursuit of revenue from professional information technology services opportunities for Defense government agencies. Specific emphasis is on customers within any of the following organizations or sub-organizations: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, DSS, DISA, US Cyber Command and their related functional professional services needs and requirements.
* Developing winning strategies and growth plans based upon innovative, business-based analyses of Federal Defense market information and current and planned capabilities and requirements.
* Identifying, developing and realizing revenue opportunities, based upon these strategies.
* Leveraging existing Federal Defense pipeline opportunities, prioritizing and aligning assets to win business
* Developing and managing the relationship with new and existing Phacil Defense customers by cultivating relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers throughout the market.
* Assist in the establishing third party teaming relationships, and leveraging existing contracting vehicles and business relationships with other contractors to successfully capture opportunities.
* Identifying opportunities for revenue growth in the current year, as well as over the next 2-3 years and beyond.
* The Defense Business Development Director will be primarily measured on meaningful and sustainable new revenue generated from the target sectors and will have discrete annual goals and objectives for revenue, bookings, and opportunity pipeline.
* 8+ or more years' experience in a federal business development capacity offering professional services. This should include experience leading the identification, qualification, pursuit, proposal development and capture of opportunities. This should also include the ability to establish a strong "win strategy" and capture plan for targeted opportunities.
* Experience in selling professional information technology services to federal customers to include focus on areas such as cybersecurity, help desk, cloud service offerings, and network operations.
* Knowledge of and direct experience developing and closing professional services business within Defense target markets.
* Strong interpersonal skills including ability to actively listen, read audiences, and quickly identify key issues and areas of need.
* Strong Business Development process discipline and training and experience in capture strategy development and execution.
* Experience in the government contractor support services procurement and proposal process.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and characteristics:
* Strong closing skills and a proven track record of managing and developing sales and business Service delivery background and understanding of consulting services
* A personal style which encompasses a consultative approach to customer relationship management
* Prior military or government service is a plus
* Knowledge of Salesforce.com, Deltek/GovWin and SharePoint applications
* Excellent writing and public speaking skills (including strong proposal writing capabilities to assist as needed with completing compliant and compelling proposals for Federal Defense solicitations).
* This key individual will be a hands-on, action-oriented, client-focused personality that will drive for results and deliver on new business growth goals.
* Must be able to thrive in a highly interactive team environment and possess highly effective interpersonal, communication, collaborative, and leadership skills.
* Able to work well under pressure, multi-task, and deliver on multiple priorities.
* Driven, quick on their feet, attentive to detail, credible and dedicated to producing work of the highest caliber.
Education: BA/BS degree in related field, advanced degree and training a plus.
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Secret clearance required - current clearance a plus
This position will report directly to the COO.
Phacil is a leading provider of mission-focused, results-driven technology solutions to the federal government. We continually demonstrate Commitment to our customers, Excellence in performance, and Service to the nation. Customers trust Phacil to solve their most complex challenges by delivering uniquely-tailored technology solutions that maximize value and mission success.
Phacil offers a diverse range of technology services, including Software Services, Systems Engineering/Integration and Operations (SEI&O), Cyber Security and Service Desk. Our team of nearly 900 energetic, highly-skilled professionals support customers across the country and abroad.
Phacil continually strives for performance excellence as evidenced by corporate certifications, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, performing certified ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 (for both Development and Services) work on contracts. Phacil has won numerous awards, including rankings on Washington Business Journal's Top Government Technology Contractors, CRN Solution Provider 500, and Tech Council of MD's Contracting Firm of the Year, to name a few.