Business Development Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION**DIRECT HIRE ONLY** WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO AGENCIES.**
The BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR position offers a tremendous opportunity for the right candidate to play a key role in the achievement of the company growth plan. The chosen candidate will be responsible for ensuring that Revenew International effectively seeks out and develops new strategic business relationships for its core contingency services. The position will involve business and relationship development that drives revenue attainment. Consistent with the company's values, financial performance, not just hard work, is how this position is rewarded.
The Business Development position reports to the Vice President of Business Development (BD). In addition to reporting to the VP of BD, the chosen candidate will work very closely with the C.O.O. of the company in driving client relationship development, customer service and revenue attainment.
The position will require a deep Rolodex of proven relationships in the industry sector that each candidate specializes in to be successful. These relationships should primarily be with companies that have revenue levels in excess of $3 billion. While relationships at any functional executive level will be beneficial, the key relationship points for the services Revenew provides are within the ranks of Supply Chain leadership, Procurement Officer, CFO and Controller roles, and Internal Audit.
The company is seeking to capitalize on its impressive list of client testimonials and long term relationships in the Utility and Energy Industries to help fuel expansion of its core services into other industry markets.
The Business Development role offers an incredible opportunity to make an exceptional income. There will be a starting salary level that will allow for a suitable on-boarding period and initial client revenue attainment during the first 12 months. The role is then paid a substantial ongoing base salary plus a generous commission based on percentage of revenue attainment. There is never a cap on earnings. Typically, when a major client is landed, there will be recurring revenue for that client on an ongoing basis, if the account is managed properly. The Business Development Executive will achieve the same percentage commission on revenue from that client as long as the relationship exists, with no limits. Current Business Development Executives at Revenew, who serve different industry sectors, have achieved exceptional pay levels in a short period of time. It is expected that the successful Business Development Executive can earn in excess of $500,000/year with unlimited earnings potential.
In addition to the financial package, the Business Development Executive will be working with an extremely high caliber staff of professionals. Revenew only hires exceptional project team personnel who are incented by exceptional customer service and satisfaction. The successful candidate will also be working within a small company environment with the opportunity to make a direct and perceptible impact on the company's overall financial performance. Over time, there will also be opportunity to gain equity involvement in the company. High performance levels can lead to future management roles if desired.
Among other things, the Business Development Executive will be responsible for:
* Driving the relationship development process within the candidate's industry market sector.
* Driving the revenue attainment process.
* Generating proposals, pricing and contract negotiation across all Revenew service solutions.
* Research markets and develop additional client targets for worthwhile auditing services accounts.
* Develop and maintain an effective sales plan and call schedule.
* Pursue account targets and sales leads to gain appointments and present Revenew's services. Utilize appropriate staff resources and technical support.
* Close deals, facilitate contract signings, manage implementation and ongoing coordination of client agreements.
* Assist Revenew staff in engagement start-ups, planning, due diligence and general problem solving when needed.
* Develop and maintain professional/personal relationships with key client stakeholders and decision makers. Utilize appropriate entertainment, gifts and communication in maintaining those relationships.
* Participate in creation of new or enhanced presentation/marketing materials.
The successful candidate for the Business Development role must have:
* An existing base of executive level contacts/relationships at potential clients within the candidate's chosen industry market sector that offer worthwhile opportunity for Revenew services. Such target accounts will typically exceed $3 billion in annual revenue.
* Must be self-motivated, display enthusiasm, possess a sense of urgency and the highest regard for customer service in pursuing new accounts and conducting business with Revenew clients.
* A Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university is required; a Master's degree is a plus.
* Strong networking skills; a natural networker able to develop client relationships at different levels within the client organization.
* Detail oriented and ability to manage conflicting priorities and project simultaneously
* Proven consultative selling skills
* Ability to become a trusted advisor for client decision makers and influencers.
* Able to travel at least 60% of the time
* Exceptional communications skills, including presentations and interviews with clients to develop business opportunities and maintain ongoing relationships. Customer relation skills are critical particularly in managing interfaces between customer's commercial and technical organizations
* Quickly learn details of all Revenew service solution offerings and sales strategies
* Hit the Ground running. Aggressive sales call and appointment activity 1st quarter
* Effectively manage and cross/up sell "house" accounts that are assigned by the VP, President or COO
* Complete the sale and addition of 1-2 new significant account within the first six months
* Complete the addition of at least 4-6 new significant accounts by the end of first year
* In subsequent years, minimum expectation is to add 6 new significant accounts/year
* Be a positive contributor to the overall team environment
Open location. All client work is done on site and will requiretravel to the customer site.