Business Development Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/18/2016
BDO USA, LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
Under the direction of the Regional Business Development Director (RBDD), and in collaboration with the Office Managing Partners (OMPs), RMPs) and the National Business Development Services (National BDS) team, the Business Development Director is responsible for achieving local office revenue goals by building market presence and identifying and helping pursue new business opportunities in line with firm, regional and local office business strategies. In additional, this role collaborates with the marketing department and is responsible, along with their OMPs and local partners for setting local office business development strategy and development of the office level business plan.
- Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other related field OR seven (7) or more years of business development experience in a professional services environment required
- Five (5) or more years of business development experience in a professional services environment required
- Prior experience working in professional services direct sales industry or in development role at financial services firms, including but not limited to experience with accounting firms, investment banking or private equity firms, personnel recruiting, business journals sales, financial consulting, business advisory services and/or banking industry preferred
- Proven track record of developing business relationships with C-level executives (CEOs, CFOs, Board of directors, etc.) and referral sources (attorneys, bankers, etc.) required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite required
- Client relationship management (CRM) experience required
- Microsoft Dynamics preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge in the development, management and execution of sales and BD planning, lead generation, pipeline management, account planning, sales strategy and development
- Understands the compensation incentive plan and strives to achieve revenue goals
- Understands the Business Development (BD) metrics and strives to achieve them
- Ability to thoughtfully and positively influence, lead, and manage change
- Capable of leading and managing a local team of people to accomplish desired results
- Strong business acumen with an ability to understand and communicate BDO's business, marketplace and value proposition
- Knowledge of contact management software including updating, maintenance and list generation
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Ability to travel to participate in events or sales calls or attend regional or national meetings, as necessary
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability