Business Development Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 1/24/2017
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
In this highly visible role at UL, the Business Development Director (BDD) is the key leader in this area for the largest business division at UL. This includes responsibility for the daily implementation of strategic direction for Energy and Power Technology. The BDD uses judgment about best methods to achieve business goals and objectives. This may include strategic decisions about service and portfolio development through organic and inorganic growth. The BDD leads many M&A and processes around surfacing potential M&A targets.
The BDD is also responsible for the overall coordination and development of key business with the Energy and Power Technologies division, which includes identifying business demand drivers, specific service offerings, setting targets for establishing service offerings, tracking, coaching, and allocating resources to achieve these objectives.
The BDD facilitates the development and execution of targeted business sectors in key industries within assigned business unit and prioritizes this development based upon size of opportunity, strategic importance and likelihood of success to grow the company's long-term business relationships with key global and regional customers.
Does this sound like you? We would like to hear from you!
Join our Energy and Power Technologies division and make a difference!
Meets with officers and senior management to maximize the coordination of BD objectives, strategies and associated practices.
* Represents the organization in appropriate committees and forums involving specific product categories. Provide external leadership through presentations and arranging meetings with executives in key industries and markets.
* Manages the performance of direct reports by developing best BD practices and accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing career coaching, feedback and guidance and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
* Owns and manages entire business development process for EP&T.
* Performs other duties as directed
University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor's degree) in Engineering or a related disciplines plus generally Min. eight years related experience.
* MBA and/or advanced technical degree (preferred)
* Consulting Experience and/or strong demonstrated change management experience.
* Experience creating and implementing business processes.
* Direct industry (Energy and Power Technologies) experience preferred.