Business Development Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
National Cooperative Business Association
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in over 20 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader in new business development for our growing international portfolio. The Senior Director of Business Development will support our Business Development team, based in Washington D.C. NCBA CLUSA has doubled in size over the past 5 years, and seeks a new dynamic team member to lead the international unit s new business strategy, manage the staff and consultants, and provide vision and leadership as NCBA CLUSA continues to grow and expands its portfolio. We are currently working in over 20 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Caribbean, and SE Asia in the areas of food security and nutrition, resilience, natural resources management, gender and youth opportunity development, and cooperative and enterprise development. We are major implementers of the USG Feed the Future and other agricultural and food security initiatives. The Senior Director of Business Development (BD) is responsible for identifying, capturing, and securing new business for the organization.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Develop and execute dynamic new business strategy and pipeline, in partnership with program and technical teams.
* Support/lead resource allocation and strategic bid decisions;
* Maintain comprehensive overview of program development pipeline and ongoing opportunities/activities in each region;
* Manage, coach, and empower staff and consultants to actively participate in program development;
* Develop strategies with Country Directors and staff on program development strategies and participation in capture and bids;
* Manage business development team, and work collaboratively with technical directors, country staff, consultants, and program managers;
* Cultivate and manage relationships with donors and potential stakeholders in target regions, including government, the private sector, and partners in collaboration with country and program teams;
* Develop partnership priorities, identify key partners with whom NCBA CLUSA can undertake active program exploration and among whom NCBA CLUSA is a preferred partner;
* Identify other tactical bidding partners to be included in specific bidding consortia requiring their expertise.
Lead winning proposals by directing teams and carrying out a wide range of proposal/bid development roles.
* Develop and lead solid conceptual frameworks, strategies, and processes for the entire bid process, including early intelligence, capture, proposal development, and post-decision processes;
* Lead large, strategic, complex, competitive bids, ensuring appropriate internal and external resources are engaged;
* Recruit, manage and maintain a solid bench of short-term technical and writing consultants;
* Manage the overall proposal development process; fill bid team roles as needed, including writing and section de