Business Development Executive
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
GDI Consulting & Training Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION OVERVIEW:
GDI Consulting & Training Company is seeking a highly motivated Business Development Executive to sell large professional service engagements to manufacturing and distribution companies. This individual will be skilled in strategic and conceptual selling of business improvement projects. GDI is seeking an individual with e_xecutive presence_ who is comfortable cold-calling, speaking to, and working with senior executives such as Vice Presidents, Presidents, and CEOs.
The Business Development Executive will lead sales activities for all GDI business elements. This position reports directly to the President. Here at GDI, integrity, respect and providing the absolute best customer service for our client companies is paramount. GDI Consulting & Training Company is offering a generous compensation package that includes a base salary and commission, plus corresponding benefits for this position.
GDI Consulting & Trianing Company consists of five business elements. The Business Development Executive will be responsible for all selling activities for each element. A brief description of each business element follows:
GDI CONSULTING & TRAINING COMPANY is a professional services firm that provides practical solutions to complex business and managerial problems. Focusing mainly on the manufacturing and distribution industries, GDI has developed a reputation as one of the most innovative and hardest working professional services firms in these industries.
GDI TALENT ACQUISITION PRACTICE is an Executive Search firm that specializes in matching top talent with senior-level positions within the manufacturing & distribution industries.
GDI SUPPLIER PERFORMANCE & RISK ASSESSMENT PRACTICE performs out-sourced supplier assessments to determine specific performance capabilities and to identify risks at the supplier that can accrue back to our client.
GDI OWNER designing, promotion strategies and tactics, advertising, speaking opportunities, workshop promotions, training session follow-up activities, publishing opportunities and even some aspects of website management.
This position is a team-selling position that often pursues business development activities as a member of a team that can include the President and/or any leader of any practice at GDI. Typically, this individual will identify and qualify new business opportunities and then bring other appropriate GDI talent into the sales process. Working with the team, the BDE will coordinate and manage all aspects of the selling process, including proposal writing, assisting in initial project planning and briefing internal and external resources on the opportunity.
Specific sales activities this individual is responsible for pursuing include:
* GDI CONSULTING & TRAINING COMPANY
* Consulting engagements _from the manufacturing industry Boardroom to the storeroom!_
* _ _GDI TALENT ACQUISITION PRACTICE
* New recruiting opportunities with new and existing clients utilizing GDI proprietary Talent Acquisition Methodology.
* GDI SUPPLIER ASSESSMENT PRACTICE
* Supplier performance and risk assessment opportunities with new and existing clients.
* GDI OWNER & INVESTOR SERVICES PRACTICE
* Operational due-diligence, governance advisory and valuation enhancement professional services.
* MANUFACTURING EXECUTIVE INSTITUTE
* Public and in-house training workshops, E-Learning programs and other forms of professional training services.
The Business Development Executive is responsible for developing and maintaining partnerships with new and existing clients to ensure their satisfaction and loyalty by representing all of GDI's manufacturing and distribution industry centric services and practices on a continuous basis, while maintaining profitability.
Utilizing the GDI Strategic Sales Methodology (GSSM), the Business Development Executive maintains status information on all sales activities, publishing monthly sales status and probability data to the heads of all Practices and the President.
This role includes both direct and indirect selling. The successful candidate will execute sales tactics that qualify leads and result in sales.
KNOWN _"KNOWLEDGE BASE"_
The individual who fills this role must have solid knowledge in:
* Global supply chain, manufacturing and distribution industry issues. While not expected to be a technical expert in any element of global supply chain management, the person in this role does need to understand the basic issues facing these industries.
* Talent acquisition best practices and development.
* Fundamental operational due-diligence requirements or other major M&A topics.
* Strategic and conceptual selling methods.
* All GDI Practices, products and services. To be successful, the individual in this role must quickly learn all of these business elements.
* Sales lead identification methods, qualification and sales activity planning.
This function is RESPONSIBLE for executing many tasks, either by an individual or in a team environment. Responsibilities include:
* Independently developing new business opportunities in each of the emphasized GDI business elements. Though different elements of GDI's service offerings may be emphasized at different times, the individual in this role should be capable of selling across most elements.
* Mining sales leads from a variety of sources. Maintaining records of leads and cataloging those leads according to the GDI Strategic Sales Methodology.
* Servicing existing clients by visiting key existing relationships and building new relationships within existing clients. In other words always looking for more business (_across more GDI business elements_) from existing clients.
* Qualify clients and convert leads to sales.
* Assist in the development of marketing and sales collateral material.
* Assist in the development of a plan to market GDI's business elements.
* Maintain a quarterly plan with targeted prospects. Maintain list of top 100 prospects to establish top 10 targets prospects. Maintain quarterly projections plan. Maintain consistent and effective "_Client Prospect_" follow up activity.
* Achieve a revenue dollar goal for each monthly period according to the assigned budgeted goals.
* Maintain effective daily communications with GDI staff. Reinforce teamwork concept to ensure continuity of service.
* Responsible for maintaining appropriate "_business executive_" attire and representing the company in a professional manner.
* Assist with other job related duties as needed.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
These requirements are mandatory for entry into this function:
* Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, IndustrialEngineering, Supply Chain Management, or Marketing
* 3 years' experience in one or more functions in the supply chain world.
* 2 years' previous professional services sales-related experience.
* Demonstrated prior sales skills
* Knowledge of strategic selling concepts.
* Self-starter with excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong organizational and follow-up skills, demonstrated sense of urgency and attention to detail.
* Professional and personable, high energy, persistent and problem solving ability.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
While not mandatory, the following qualifications are believed to be helpful to performing in this function:
* More experience in any element of Global Supply Chain Management.
* Formal education and/or 2 years' experience in finance.
* Demonstrated abilities in large intangible sales, especially in training and consulting services.
keywords: sales, salesperson, business development, business development manager, business development executive