Business Development Executive 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE - PHARMACEUTICAL R&D, CONTRACT MANUFACTURING AND API'S.
PCI Synthesis is a leading Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) and clinical drug substance manufacturer who is actively seeking a highly motivated, seasoned sales executive who wants to join a dynamic growing company as a member of our Business Development team. Our planned growth requires a highly talented sales person to expand our footprint in the West Coast market. Strong candidates for this position will use their personal and technical scientific credibility to build new customer relationships and reach key decision makers within the pharmaceutical sector.
AS A BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE, YOU WILL:
* Identify and qualify new synthesis opportunities
* Generate leads, set appointments and present technically both over the phone and in person. Cold calling skills are necessary
* Work in a fast paced, technically challenging environment, interacting daily with accomplished research and development professionals
* Close business
A HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE FOR PCI IS:
* A results-oriented, self-starter who focuses directly on the tremendous opportunities in the emerging and specialty pharmaceutical industry
* An aggressive, motivated, professional person to be a part of the company's efforts to sell to emerging, mid-size and large Clients
* Consultative, with a strong strategic selling ability and be able to interact with other members of the technical teams both within PCI and within their Client base.
* Proven successful selling sophisticated, high-end organic chemistry based services to senior technical or scientific managers
* Highly effective at finding and closing new business and developing advisor based relationships in a marketplace that is resistant to change
IN ADDITION, AS AN IDEAL CANDIDATE, YOU SHOULD HAVE:
* At least 5+ years' experience in the custom and fine chemical, CMO and CRO industry
* A minimum of 3 years of direct sales experience, a proven track record of success and a record of 6-figure earnings is required.
* Minimum of a Master's degree in Chemistry and a thorough knowledge of synthetic chemistry, process development and quality assurance requirements for the pharmaceutical industry is essential
* The ability to travel up to 35% within the West Coast territory
* Experience in managing a book of business using a CRM for tracking and administrative purposes
This position comes with a highly competitive base salary, along with uncapped commission opportunity, a company credit card for travel expenses and full benefits.