Business Development Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 3/6/2017
TE s vision is: To be the choice for making the connection. This vision is driving us to build the kind of company that customers turn to first to meet their connectivity needs. We have made significant progress towards achieving our vision and strengthened our company to better serve our customers. Today, we have the broadest offering of highly engineered solutions in our industry. Our engineers work side-by-side with many of our customers, serving as an extension of their own product development organizations. Our supply chain is in closer proximity to our customers factories, allowing us to deliver faster with shorter lead times. Most importantly, no matter where our employees work in the company or their function, all of us are committed to providing our customers with an extraordinary experience that sets TE apart.
Our customers include automobile, telecommunication, computer, industrial, aerospace, and consumer products manufacturers that operate both globally and locally. Our customers also include contract manufacturers and third-party distributors. We serve customers in over 150 countries, and maintain a strong local presence in each of the geographic regions in which we operate.
TE sells directly to customers and through Channel Distribution partners around the globe. In the Channel business we work closely with our distributors to provide our end customers with TE products and solutions across our various end markets
A new team has recently been formed to support the internal Channel team as it works across TE s range of businesses. The Intern, Business Development will be a key contributing member of the group and actively support projects for the team. The Intern will work closely with the Business Development team and functional experts throughout the company to deliver immediate business impact through recommendations based on evaluation of analytical data obtained from a range of sources.
A key element of success for this role will be the ability to take a number of available, disparate data points and reports, analyze them for commonality, cause & effect, and key business indicators, while succinctly presenting them to the organization for the purpose of influencing behaviors and business decisions. In addition, critical thinking and continuously challenging existing practices to drive impactful business results is expected.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Although actual projects are still TBD and likely to fluctuate with business needs, past Interns have supported on projects such as:
Sales Coverage Modeling:
* Map out market opportunity and existing sales coverage
* Work with sales and regional leadership to determine business needs
* Assist with development of optimal coverage and service model
* Utilizing financial modeling to determine ROI
Cost to Serve Project:
* Assist with the breakout and analysis of the Channel budget/expense.
* Identify potential opportunities for cost reduction
* Develop recommendations to drive key actions to achieve cost reduciton
* Creation of key performance indicators and performance tracking
Background and Experience
* Enrolled in a Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Science or Engineering from a leading institution
* Solid understanding of and the ability to identify the key levers that create business value
* Experience in conducting in-depth market and industry research
* Strong background in financial analysis, modeling, and evaluation of opportunities (particularly in Excel)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience in creating and delivering presentations and communicating ideas and plans (particularly in PowerPoint)
* Ability to influence others using data and analytics, presented in a clear, concise method
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Highly motivated self-starter
* Willingness to travel to various Business Unit locations
* Foreign language skills a plus, but not required
The position will be based at our facilities near Philadelphia (USA)
This position is for Summer 2017 (approximately May - August)