Business Development Lead - FDM East
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Jarden Home & Family - a division of Newell Brands
JOB DESCRIPTIONLOCATION: THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE CANDIDATE BE LOCATED IN EITHER OF THE BELOW LOCATIONS:
* Anywhere in US close to a major hub airport; East Coast US preferred, Northeastern US highly preferred.
This position is responsible for the financial performance of its division in meeting and/or exceeding its annual targets. Role has responsibility as the primary customer contact, broker manager and business owner of all operational daily tasks implemented to effectively and efficiently manage the business in the best interest of Quickie(R). As a key team member of the US sales managers this role is responsible for obtaining full and complete trade plan execution & accountability for the Quickie(R) business performance in the retailchannel. This customer leadership role reports directly to the Sr. Director of Sales.
Responsible for managing Albertsons, Publics, Wakefern, CVS, Supervalue, and other accounts for Quickie(R) current and future product portfolio. Experience within the grocery channel and Broker Account Management in a sales capacity is a requirement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Customer Mgmt. Point Person to Nurture All Trade Relationships to benefit Quickie(R).
* Primary role is to lead & execute all selling activities within area of responsibility.
* Driving Strategic Business Collaboration & Vertical Penetration within your area of responsibility and sales division.
* Broker Management - US East geography as defined by Quickie(R).
* Financial Mgmt. including but not limited to gross sales volume, forecasting, trade spending, charge backs, promotion planning, company & customer profit performance.
* Managing cost to serve operational expenses, logistics & supply chain performance (if it's on the customer's scorecard, you have responsibility for the business performance).
* Product level mgmt., pricing, invoicing, distribution, retailmarketing, promotional planning, contracting and retail store level conditions as they relate to All Quickie(R) products.
* Charged with a strong alignment to category management expertise to lead portfolio management driving both revenue and maximizing margin mix. Efficiently utilize analytics, coupled with insights to maximize portfolio and refine actions.
* Consistent & Effective open communication with Sr. Director of Sales and other key stakeholders (Marketing, Cat Man, Finance) on state of the business and what's working well and what's not in relation to brand & overall business performance.
* Proactive ownership of achieving your financial targets and developing solutions for success.
* Expanding Quickie(R) presence and driving leadership in cleaning category growth.
* Ability to effectively negotiate and influence.
* Timely communication of all public competitive intelligence back into HQ.
* Retail conditions auditing, reporting and tracking.
* Special Projects as determined by Sr. Director of Sales.
* Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISES OTHERS: No
EXPECTED TRAVEL: Up to 40%
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required.
* A minimum of five (5) years' progressive experience in sales within the CPG industry working closely and collaboratively with cross-functional personnel, including, but not limited to, Marketing, Business Analytics, Category Management, Customer Service, and Product Supply required.
* Experience working with grocery accounts in a sales capacity required.
* Experience with CPG broker management required.
* Experience working cross-functionally in a corporate headquarter environment required.
* Experience with principles of category management and data-based conceptual selling required.
* Cleaning tools and supplies salesexperiencepreferred.
* High level of financial skills to effectively balance between sales and expenses to deliver EBITDA objectives preferred.
* High level of self-awareness and ability to react accordingly in various business/social situations.
* High level of understanding of the CPG industry, staying current on marketplace trends, technology, and shopper insights.
* High level of communication skills, including effective presentation, verbal, and listening skills.
OMPETENCIES AND VALUES:
* Analytical understanding of syndicated shipment data as it relates to financial performance
* Respectful of others, especially cross-functional partners not directly supervised by this role
* Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy
* Positive, proactive work ethic and approach in analyzing issues and solving problems
ABOUT JARDEN HOME AND FAMILY:
the brands of everyday life.(tm)
Jarden Home & Family (JHF) markets a diverse portfolio of leading consumer brands that enhance everyday life. The NUK(R) and Gerber(R) brands of baby care products have been trusted by parents for generations to help them promote healthier child development. The Quickie(R) and Lysol(R) brands of cleaning tools help consumers get the job done right the first time so they can get to what they enjoy most in life. The Wellington(R) brand offers innovative cordage for the marine segment, while the Secureline(R) brand promises strength and quality across a wide spectrum of cordage offerings. Crawford(R) brand offers versatility and convenience in home organization solutions. And Mapa brand gloves have the technical capabilities to handle a variety of extreme conditions in a professional environment. No matter the category or product, all of our brands are trusted by consumers to deliver value and convenience in their everyday lives.
We offer a competitive total compensation, health and wellness package and an engaging work environment where employees are rewarded and recognized for their individual and team contributions. Located in multiple locations, Jarden Home and Family is a subsidiary of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL), a global marketer of consumer and commercial products with a portfolio of leading brands, for more than 100years, the enduring strength of the company has been its ability to keep reinventing itself. As the needs of the consumers have evolved, so have we.