Business Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
WHO IS STANLEY BLACK & DECKER*
At Stanley Black & Decker (SBD), one of the world s fastest growing and most dynamic companies, we seek the best in the industry to join our team. We are Stanley Tools, DeWALT, PROTO, Mac Tools, Vidmar, Lista and much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. Currently, our Global Tools & Storage division is searching for a Business Development Manager in multiple regions to drive our brands in the industrial markets.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing both a regional sales team and strategic end user customer relationships. You ll generate new business opportunities for Stanley Black & Decker products, to drive the sales and profitability growth of Stanley Black & Decker s Industrial brands of PROTO, DEWALT, Mac Tools, Vidmar, Lista, and Jensen. These industrial products which are marketed and sold through our Industrial distribution partners. You and your team will look to increase end user demand for our products and services within your region; partner with Local Market Teams (LMT) to execute overall sales strategy by targeting key Corporate and National end user accounts in Industrial Manufacturing, Government, MRO, Energy and Aerospace Industries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Achieve growth and deliver upon sales targets by successfully developing and implementing a strategic business plan that expands Stanley Black & Decker s customer base and market presence;
* Deliver upon sales targets by managing local sales team. Develop the team through motivation, accountability, skills development and product and industry knowledge and performance reporting;
* Develop and establish team sales goals and objectives on an annual and quarter basis
* Cultivate and manage relationships with Key Targeted Corporate and National End User Accounts in your region;
* Collaborate with your Local Market Teams (LMT) to achieve sales targets for Power Tools, Hand Tools, Pneumatics, Storage and Accessories;
* Manage the entire customer/end-user relationship process including lead generation, quotation, ordering, product delivery and product satisfaction;
* Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status:
* Create initiatives to support opportunities for conversion;
* Present sales, revenue and expenses reports, providing realistic forecasts to the management team;
* Maintains sales volume, product mix, by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors;
* Communicate on an ongoing basis detailed sales plans, activities, expectations including written reports, Salesforce.com tracking and implementation;
* Bachelor s Degree (or higher) in Marketing Research, Business or related field.
* 5 years sales experience in Industrial Channel with durable goods.
A creative, innovative, energetic personality with a true sense of urgency and a drive for results.
* Demonstrated success in problem solving, prioritizing, working across multiple functions, and driving growth.
* Superior interpersonal skills (both oral and written).
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and Salesforce.com.
* The ability to travel 60-80% regionally with overnight travel.
* The successful candidate must also have a stellar driving record and the ability to pass a multi-state criminal background check.
* Experience managing and/or leading a team.
* Prior tools and storage selling experience is a plus.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.