Business Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20160510-7450-EF
Company Name: Verisk Retail
Play a part in helping retailers reduce risk and increase profits through the use of Verisk Retail s industry leading and proven software tools and services. We are looking for a dynamic individual with the knowledge and experience to evaluate retailer needs and goals and build the solution that is right for them.
Business Development Manager to provide support to the sales team as a subject matter expert on retail software applications as well as providing account management services to an identified group of Verisk Retail clients. This individual will also have the opportunity to participate in the development of new products and services by providing industry insights and guidance.
* Demonstrate all Verisk Retail solutions to prospective customers, via both web and on-site sessions, providing retail insights as to how the solutions will best meet the specific requirements of that customer and the demo audience.
* Prepare for all demonstrations by researching the company and its needs.
* Complete post demonstration recap and next steps document with Director National Accounts; work with Director National Accounts to complete requested quotations and track progress of all proposals
* Complete RFPs and RFIs working with multiple resources within the Verisk Analytics organization.
* Work with Director National Accounts to produce sales reporting and projections.
* In conjunction with Account Managers, coordinate the creation of requirement documentation, Statements of Work and quotations for existing Verisk Retail customers.
* Account Management of assigned existing customers to determine new or future needs and follow through on the sales process including documentation of requirements, creation of quotation documents, etc.
* Attend and participate in industry trade shows up to five per year.
* Work with the VP of Marketing on the creation of documentation and sales materials and the writing of industry directed articles.
* Be a resource for the Verisk Retail training department for customer training
* Be a resource for requirements definition for the development of Verisk Retail products and services.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum of five years multi unit Retail Loss Prevention or Operations experience, preferably or minimum of three years selling into these areas
* Experience with retail reporting software, preferably in the Loss Prevention or Operations areas
* Experience working with vendor partners, including development and/or execution of requirements documentation and ability to understand and handle technical aspects of the deliverable. Demonstrated understanding of the how on retail business financials and trend management
* Demonstrated track record for improving performance within assigned areas or responsibility.
* Demonstrated ability as self-disciplined and a self-starter.
* Very strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, collaboration and listening skills
* Strong project management skills
* Detail-oriented, organized
* Ability to travel 20-40%
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
MN-Minneapolis, MN-Bloomington, Nationwide
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.