Business Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
A cover letter is required along with your resume. Please include it as page one of your resume. The letter should explain why you want this particular position, what skills you will bring to the position, how this position fits in with your career and education path/goals.
Clinical Planning and Network Operations (CPNO) supports key clinical planning projects and oversees the development and operations of the Institute's growing network of satellite clinics, physician practices, cancer care collaborative sites, and affiliate relationships.
The Business Development team within CPNO develops relationships with potential partners, facilitates the exchange of ideas for collaboration and the final terms for contractual agreements, and drives the decision-making process among key stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Manager will support the CPNO SVP in further developing relationships with identified hospitals, medical centers and health care systems. Together they will work with various internal and external stakeholders to think through opportunities, define the terms of agreement, and implement initiatives for the relationships including shared care of complex patients, clinical trials, tumor boards and pathways.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assess the position of the Institute and possible opportunities through knowledge of developments in the health care market and by analyzing quantitative and qualitative information.
* Plan and facilitate meetings to discuss opportunities. Record meeting decisions and action items, provide structured follow-up, and prioritize tasks.
* Prepare documents to summarize recommendations, options and pros/cons of opportunities in order to support decision making.
* Meet one-on-one with internal senior leaders to articulate opportunities and get input on potential commitments. Gain consensus when working with leaders who have different points of view.
* Create and maintain dashboards to communicate status of relationship and initiatives.
* Draft terms for legal agreements, provide edits and circulate.
* Schedule and facilitate project-related workgroups with other departments. Develop project work plans, track completion status, and manage key tasks/sections of the work plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Bachelor s degree and MBA, MHA, MSPH or equivalent degree required
* Minimum of 3 years work experience within a healthcare environment preferred
* Knowledge of DFCI operations, processes, and programs a plus
* The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and organized person with time management skills to be able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks; deals well with uncertainty and ambiguity; flexible with changes in prioritization in a consensus decision-making environment
* Exceptional communication skills; must possess the ability to converse effectively and prepare written proposals, analyses and other documents in a manner readily understood by and crafted for the target audience
* Strong client orientation and interpersonal skills
* Attention to detail is important in order to ensure high quality deliverables, but always in the context of being able to see the big picture
* Ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues while taking the appropriate steps, involving the appropriate parties, when necessary
* Ability to work closely and effectively as a member of a team and with all levels of the organization
* Ability to analyze contracts and business intelligence data
* Demonstrates self awareness, professionalism, a strong work ethic and the ability to handle difficult situations with grace and a sense of humor
* Honest and trustworthy in dealing with confidential information
Location: 10 Brookline Place, Brookline, MA
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.