Business Development Manager
Pega seeks a high-energy, Manager to lead and cultivate the growth of the Business Generation Representative (BGR) team in NA and develop them into Account Executives. As manager of Pega's NA Business Generation team, you will manage the Business Generation Team in NA to drive the success of programs with marketing to generate quality leads and opportunities that result in closed business. Developing, coaching and mentoring Business Generation Team members to successfully progress into Account Executive roles is an equally critical component. You will be responsible for executing an enablement strategy by partnering with the marketing and sales organizations. The ideal candidate possesses successful inside and outside enterprise sales experience and has a proven track record as an individual contributor and a leader. The manager must possess the intelligence and aptitude to position the benefits of enterprise software, as well as the strategic thinking to drive a complex enterprise sales process. This role is located in our NA Headquarters, in Cambridge, MA.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
* Use your experience in Inside Sales, Management and Business Development, and team-building to drive the NA BGR team to achieve its goals for lead and opportunity generation, leading to closed business.
* Use you experience as a coach and mentor to prepare the next generation of successful Pega Account Executives.
* Use your detail orientation to report results in a timely fashion and thus ensure that Pega optimizes its Marketing investments.
* Use your sound business judgment, cultural awareness and interpersonal skills working cross-functionally to optimize business outcomes as the primary point of contact for Business Generation in NA.
* Use your imagination, creativity and high-energy to grow the Business Generation Team as the needs of the business dictate, while simultaneously feeding that growth.
* A rapidly growing yet well-established business.
* The world's most innovative organizations as reference-able clients.
* Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market.
* A competitive salary and bonus structure commensurate with the role.
The right person is a proven manager with a laser focus on results who can generate team followership through good hiring, strong training, and pointed coaching. Someone who understands the function well and can drive leading indicators, inherently understands how to teach the team to give a strong pitch in 2 minutes, 20 minutes or 2 hours, is unflappable, and relentlessly looks for ways to inspire the team to greatness.
QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
* 1-3years of inside sales management, sales training, and/or curriculum development for software or high technologysales training.
* 3-5years of successful salesexperience.
* High energy self-starter.
* Driven and results oriented.
* Strong business acumen.
* Proven Enterprise Software sales skills.
* Strong desire to coach/mentor.
Pegasystems develops strategic applications for sales, marketing, service and operations. Pega's applications streamline critical business operations, connect enterprises to their customers seamlessly in real-time across channels, and adapt to meet rapidly changing requirements. Pega's Global 500 customers include the world's largest and most sophisticated enterprises. Pega's applications, available on-premises or in the cloud, are built on its unified Pega 7 platform, which uses visual tools to easily extend and change applications to meet clients' strategic business needs. Pega's clients report that Pega gives them the fastest time to value, extremely rapid deployment, efficient re-use and global scale.
_As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law._