Business Development Manager - Electronic Warfare 00L2Q
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - ELECTRONIC WARFARE that will be responsible to create, identify, qualify, pursue and win new business opportunities. This position operates as part of a team reporting to the Business DevelopmentDirector, working in conjunction with the Business Area Lead, as well as the Business Area Technical Director. Candidate should be comfortable conversing in the key areas of Electronic Warfare (Electronic Surveillance, Electronic Attack, Electronic Protection and RF related products). This position is located in Lansdale, PA.
* Provide leadership and guidance to resources driving new business activities for the EW Value Stream.
* Develop and brief pursue/no pursue and bid/no bid recommendations.
* Develop and execute pursuit strategies for new business opportunities.
* Evaluate funding sources, competitive environment assessment, technology applicability, market dynamics, price to win analyses and probability of winning.
* Work in high technology environments and establish personal relationships with government and industry customers at all levels.
* Own weekly order forecasting, response to RFQs, opportunity pipeline, opportunity status. Be the single point of ownership, for EW opportunities, for the BU/BD Leadership.
* Administer Business Development processes and effectively communicate to senior internal and external customers. This requires a familiarity with and experience in Electronic Warfare, to include operations, customers and acquisition processes. Successful candidate should have an established relationship with one or more of the Department ofDefense services or applicable industry primes.
* Ability to travel 50%
* Bachelor's Degree and 10 plus years DoD Business Development experience
* Experience with DoD budgeting and roadmap processes and experience developing complementary strategic plans
* Experience with Government Acquisition Offices
* Experience with major DoD prime contractors
* Experience leading successful structured proposal activities
* Experience with Electronic Warfare systems, operations, techniques and operator products
* Experience setting and achieving business bookings goals
* In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
* 10 years combined DoD related EW Systems, business development and management experience
* Experience developing and executing capture plans for specific business opportunities
* Established relationships with potential DoD and defensecontractor customers
* Understanding of Electronic Warfare market including current and projected requirements and programs from front end through techniques and signal processing to development of operator products
* Experience with military aircraft, shipboard EW systems, Ground EW systems, subsystems and products for US and Foreign Militaries
* Advanced degree in a technical field or business administration or management
* Exceptionally strong people and communication skills
* Strong interoperability skills in dynamic environments, a team player
* Active Secret clearance
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defensesystems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
_COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS._