Business Development Manager, Financial Strategic Accounts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Develop and establish new business relationships with prospective customers in key Fortune 1000 and/or other designated vertical market targets within the US and Canada. Drive the first phases of a complex sales process from initial contact through qualification of prospective customer, proposal, negotiation, initial sale and, as required, in repeat sales. Incumbent must be able to identify complex customer needs and interact with a wide range of high-level executives within the customer and Tyco Integrated Security (TycoIS) organization. Make significant contributions to the strategic business plan and meet financial targets for designated National accounts by leveraging key market expertise, insights, relationships, and strong account penetration plans. Must successfully operate in a team selling environment from account identification through transition of account responsibility to the National Account Manager, ensuring cost effective implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Utilizing expertise, consultative selling skills, strong relationships, sales pipeline, structured account penetration plan and internal TycoIS resources, further develop existing and establish new business relationships with key contacts in designated vertical market targets to create and execute initial sales opportunities.
* Formulate a strong business plan to achieve targeted sales growth for National Accounts at a rate and profit margin consistent with the strategic business plan.
* Develop sound account penetration plans including, but not limited to competition within the account, business issues/pain points the customer is experiencing, satisfaction with current solutions, overall security budget, opportunity size and number of locations, as well as milestones, tasks and due dates the incumbent must meet. The plan and activities must also utilize internal resources and team members, to include Corporate, National Accounts and the field organization.
* Actively participates in the sales process through proficient technology and services positioning to address customer's needs. Technology knowledge base consists of Intrusion and Fire Systems, Access Control, Video Services, TycoIS Select and other TycoIS core products and services as well as company approved custom solutions.
* Contact and secure major new business within new and existing large accounts through the following:
* Direct contact on corporate accounts both in person and by phone.
* Play an active role in high revenue proposals, including design and presentations for the designated technologies and services.
* Create and maintain sales pipeline with detailed information as to number of potential and qualified prospects. Identify key target executives within the target accounts by position and by name with the goal of face-to-face meetings with various levels of the customer organization to include key decision makers
* At or following the initial sale, successfully facilitate the handoff process in a team selling environment working with management and sales team members.
* Provide current market information such as current product trends, application of products in various markets, suggested marketing programs to the Sales Director and Regional Sales Directors
* Supply the sales team with information relating to regulations, business issues, and industry information as appropriate.
* As a subject matter expert (SME), as needed, take lead role in the preparation and delivery of customer presentations, public service activities and communications.
* Maintains active participation in key market associations and participates in Trade Shows.
* Provides regular reports and recommendations to Director/Group Director/VP of Sales.
* Ensures the use of TycoIS Policies and Procedures in all aspects of project preparation and implementation.
* College Degree in Sales/Marketing, engineering or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of five (5) years commercial sales experience, including three (3) of successful major accounts sales experience within the security, IT or other technology sales industry.
* Demonstrated consistent ability to meet and exceed quota and/or sales targets.
* Proven ability to interact effectively with executive level and industry/segment professional organizations
* Proven ability to interact effectively with executive level industry contacts and industry/segment professional organizations.
* Demonstrated ability to generate complex proposals and pricing development
* Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to comprehend, develop and effectively execute business plans, account portfolio, and opportunity management
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents (terms and conditions, technical procedures, etc.)
* Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to present to senior level executives within the customer and TycoIS organizations as well represent the company at public service or industry forums.
* Strong, demonstrated business acumen and ability to generate sales within designated vertical market
* Action Oriented
* Building Effective Teams
* Drive for Results
* Customer Focus
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Interpersonal Savvy
* Organizational Agility
* Conflict Management
* Managing Diversity
* Peer Relationships
* Problem Solving
* Technical Learning
* Time Management
* Ability to travel 35%-50%
* Valid drivers license with a clean driving record