Business Development Manager 8/27/2016
Manufacturing / Electronics
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title: _PRODUCT_ _MARKETING_ MANAGER
Location: FREEHOLD, NJ
This company has an immediate opening for a _Product_ _Marketing_ Manager for our _LED_ _lighting_ _controls_ _product_ line. Our ideal candidates have 8 or more years of experience in _Product_, Project or Market management and have a strong understanding of _automation_, _controls_ and sensor technology. You will also have a good understanding of _LED_ _lighting_, the heavy industrial marketplace and our competition.
Our successful candidate will interface with Rockwell, Honeywell, Siemens and our other _automation_ partners. You will be involved with our strategic accounts and large projects in support of sales efforts. You will be responsible for _product_ specification for all _controls_ and connectivity products. You will be responsible to manage the product _development_ roadmap for designated products in _Lighting_ _Controls_ within this company's industry leading _LED_ _lighting_ portfolio for Industrial and Hazardous Location applications. You will assist in the definition of products and gathering of the voice of the customer, manage product introductions and sustaining efforts for current offerings and in the _development_ of marketing literature and sales support material.
* Collaborate with Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Senior Management to develop multi-generational _controls_ ___product_ roadmap plans.
* Manage the ___product_ lines from concept through sustaining efforts.
* Outline _product_ specification details including market requirements, target costs and prices.
* Define and manage project schedules for all phases of new _product_ introduction.
* Communicate _product_ change notifications both internally and externally.
* Collaborate with Marketing Communications department to launch new products to Saleschannel via online platforms.
* Continually analyze market data from industry sources to measure our competitive position and _product_ success in the market and maintain database of competitive products.
* Develop content and implement _product_ specs, _datasheets_, brochures, press releases, website information, labels, installation manuals and other documentation.
* Maintain FAQ database in order to better assist Technical Sales Support staff.
* Drive day-to-day _development_ and administrative tasks.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and work experience with _Controls_, _Product_ _Development_ or _Product_ Management in the heavy industrial marketplace, with 8 to 12+ years of experience in the electrical or electronic products marketplace. MBA is a plus.
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR _LIGHTING_ _CONTROLS_ POSITION:
* Expert in various _controls_ platforms including Jennet wireless, 802.15.4 and DALI.
* _Mesh_ network _development_.
* Knowledge of various industry standard Building Management _Systems_ and additional monitoring and reporting requirements.
* Knowledge of add-on _controls_ type products including occupancy and daylight harvesting sensors.
* Successful background in launching technical products
* Innovative, out-of-the-box thinking with good organizational skills.
* Market trends analysis, statistical and _financial_ _modeling_.
* Good communication skills and ability to communicate with the sales team, channel partners and our customer base.
* Presentation skills (written and verbal) MS Excel, Word and Power point, Adobe Acrobat
* Analysis of Market Demand, Market Share and value proposition of own products vs main competitors
* Ability to guide _product_ _development_ to be in synchronization with the market trends