Business Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlcami is a leading provider of services that encompass the entire process of pharmaceutical drug development from discovery through commercialization. We specialize in analytical chemistry, formulation development, clinical packaging, oral drug delivery and contract manufacturing. The company has experienced significant growth and we have continued to attract the most highly skilled professionals in the industry.
With nearly 1,000 employees operating out of seven sites in the US and Europe, our combined capabilities include API development and manufacturing are worldly recognized. Come join our team!
Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, Alcami is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin biotech/pharma cluster. The area boasts global market leaders in contract pharmaceutical services, and a rapidly growing number of academic incubators. A short drive from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, Germantown offers residents a small town quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many local recreation attractions, in addition to national sports teams (Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks), and a vibrant waterfront park community that includes world class art museums and children's museums.
Searches out and acquires new generic API projects. Knowledgably represents Alcami in multiple development & manufacturing technologies (Drug Substance, Drug Product). Maintain and grow sales of existing Generic API products, accounts / projects, managing profitability. Plans and implements business strategy across territory and specific accounts where cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities and account management skills are critical. Responsible for year on year generation of new business from existing and new accounts directly or through channel-partners.
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
The Business Development Manager (Generics) will manager activities within the API Business Unit team including:
* Negotiations with strategic channel; partners and key customers.
* Acquisition of new customers for existing and new generic API products/projects.
* Account Management: Responsible for the customer relationship, tracking all activity at multiple project and product accounts, reporting sales and profitability of the account; leading the account strategy development and execution and product manager/product teams; responsible for forecasting and pricing.
* Plans and manages territory business portfolio according to an agreed market development strategy and sales plan. Maintains and develops existing and new clients using the most current selling practices and relevant functional department liaisons to optimize service quality, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
* Project/Product Acquisition: Plans and prioritizes personal sales activities and client/prospect contact and conducts self with the highest professional and ethical standards. Frequently visits assigned accounts and proactively approaches customers to acquire new projects and products.
* Uses customer and prospect contact activity tools and systems SFDC), and updates relevant information, including proposals held in these systems.
* Prepares and follows-up on proposals to customers including pricing and commercial strategy in-line with business goals and targets. Responsible for all facets of the commercial negotiation of contracts.
* Customer Relationship: Owns the relationship with the customer; maintains and drives continuous improvement and communicates customer's needs internally. Develops and leads appropriate governance structure at each account / customer.
* Project Teams: Actively participates on product teams from inquiry through commercialization; specifically takes lead role on all commercial discussions; negotiates from CDA to contract execution.
* Marketing: Assists in gathering market intelligence by reporting noteworthy information regarding customers, competitors and the marketplace. Monitors and reports on market and competitor activities and provides relevant reports and information.
* Market Visibility: Actively represents Alcami at trade shows and conferences, through memberships in industry organizations and through appropriate dialog with the press.
* Communicates, liaises and negotiates internally and externally to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
* Reporting: Provides timely call reports, maintains account files, etc.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelors Degree in Life Sciences and min 5 years' experience in Generic API Sales & Business Development. Advanced business degree (MBA) is preferred.
* Demonstrated account, key account and project management skills.
* Experience in development and manufacturing (small molecules) a plus.
* Broad but substantial knowledge base in Generic API business.
* Broad Customer network with good working relationships.
* Working Conditions: Office environment; national and international travel (50%). Position can be home based.
We invite all qualified applicants to apply. We offer competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunity for advancement.
Alcami is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.