Business Development Manager-Innovation Advisors 9/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Business Development Manager-Innovation Advisors
Return to Previous Page
RTI Innovation Advisors (IA) helps clients turn market and technology insights into new products, services and technologies that have meaningful human and business impact. IA enables innovation through a range of innovation and commercialization services, including innovation management, organizational innovation capabilities, market and technology intelligence, technology scouting and landscaping, and commercialization.
We are seeking a team member to drive design and implementation of strategies and campaigns to grow our business, especially with large corporate clients in growing sectors such as food and agriculture, health, energy, and fast moving consumer goods. This candidate will lead front-end prospect identification and engagement activities to grow and nurture a pipeline of leads and opportunities, working within a matrixed team that includes marketing, program leadership (by sector or service), client managers, and technical experts.
In this role, the Business Development Manager will execute a data-driven approach to analyze and target prospects, plan and execute outreach activities (with marketing), engage with prospects to understand their innovation needs, and work with client managers to translate needs into solutions that IA can deliver. The candidate will develop sales analytics, including metrics for pipeline management and forecasting, to track and monitor progress and adjust strategies accordingly. Working with program and client managers and marketing, this candidate will serve as a main point of contact at meetings and conferences; pursue thought-leadership opportunities for IA; plan and host on-site and regional events, execute needs assessments of prospects, share past performance and capabilities presentations, and serve as a key point of contact to transition prospects toward establishing long-range sustainable client relationships.
We are seeking team members with strong growth/sales orientation to accelerate growth in our rapidly expanding business. We seek candidates who are creative thinkers with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong writing/communication skills. The candidate will be required to articulate our suite of business and advisory services for leading organizations, across a range of sectors, while reflecting our analytical, practical, technical, and impact oriented personality.
* Work within a matrixed team to develop and execute a Business Development strategy, identify and target client prospects that, once vetted and verified, are transitioned effectively to client managers.
* Host and attend a wide range of events and programs, with program/client managers, serving as a primary point of contact for new leads by representing our business and effectively articulating our unique value proposition.
* Enable the delivery of thought leadership to key sectors and prospects by working alongside program/client managers and marketing. Identify and tee up opportunities/channels to deliver whitepapers, interface with prospects onsite, deliver webinars, and host 1:1 sales pitches to high probability clients.
* Establish and/or refine processes for collection, analysis, and communication of strategic business development and planning information; track and measure business development efforts and ROI; refine strategies in response.
* Bachelors degree with a preference for a science/technology discipline.
* 7+ years successful track record of BD/sales experience for consulting or related function.
* Interest in working in a team-based environment and willingness to support client needs in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
* Highly motivated to develop growth strategies, interface with leads, and track and monitor progress.
* High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to multi-task; creative thinker with strong visual and design sensibilities.
* Ability to communicate clear and concise thinking on business and technical topics; strong communicator; proven people skills.
* Advanced degree in a science and technology discipline is preferred
* Demonstrated client relationship-building skills
* 10+ years of work experience in marketing, sales, and/or consulting
* Leadership skills commensurate for both project leadership and growth into future organizational leadership roles
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at www.rti.org/jobs
Return to Previous Page