Business Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 1/31/2017
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will work closely with Consulting Engineers to participate in the HVAC engineering design process promoting Daikin Applied's products and services. The BDM works closely in an assigned customer base to build strong relationships through trust and respect with customers, and providing education around design to consultants, architects, and building owners on the benefits of the Daikin Applied product lines. These responsibilities are achieved through developing professional relationships, conducting customer presentations and time spent in the office creating customized, innovative, and thoughtful designs. This role requires positioning the products favorably as well as acting as a guide and influencing the client's specification process. Focused on enhancing Daikin Applied position in the market to maximize long-range account penetration and growth plans.
* Business Development
* Identify business opportunities and execute sales strategies to win business primarily through consulting Engineers
* Call on consultants to convince them of the desirability and practicability of Daikin Applied's products
* Engage end users, developers, and architects as needed resulting from primary consultant based activities
* Create a market plan by identifying key consultants in specific markets
* Provide market and competitor intelligence, as well as continuing analysis of territory and major account potential
* Liaise with Regional Sales Manager and representatives to assist in expanding Chiller product opportunities, Applied AHU opportunities and Self- contained opportunities
* Participate in Rep and regional sales targets
* Marketing/Education and Customer Relationships
* Gather ongoing prospect/customer feedback, enhancement requests, and related information
* Represent Daikin Applied via professional associations such as USGBC, ASHRAE, AEE
* Promote Daikin Applied as a Green and Environmentally Responsible Manufacturer
* Educate customers at a high level within Architects and Consultants regarding value that Daikin Applied can bring to assist in producing Green/LEED projects
* Report on market changes affecting Daikin Applied's products or services
* Provide customer pre and post-sales support
* Educate customers and representatives to promote the Daikin Applied product lines
* Update/train customers/reps on new products and changes as they occur
* Technical Design, Product Information, and Education
* Develop expertise on the features, benefits, technical performance, and design guidelines for Daikin Applied products
* Provide technical information and brochures to clients. Answer technical questions and conduct demonstrations of products and new features to prospective clients
* Provide technical training, product installation and problem resolution support in conjunction with representatives
* Integrate new products and product enhancements from Daikin Applied
* Effectively communicate technical product knowledge to customers through client visits, technical presentations, lunch and learns, e-mail and phone contacts
* Propose changes in equipment or use of materials resulting in cost reduction or operational improvement
* Work with customers to determine how products or services could be designed or modified to best meet clients' needs
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related disciple
* 5+ years or professional experience managing relationships with established customer base
* Prior experience creating sophisticated HVAC engineering designs
* Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
* Highly organized with superior skills in prioritizing relationship building with doing design work
* Ability to travel
* Competitor experience in commercial HVAC industry experience
* Sales management experience within an HVAC environment and LEED, environmental, \\"Green\\" experience preferred
* Outstanding relationship management, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated example of taking initiative with a solid work ethic
* Exceptional communication skills, well developed listening skills, and ability to interpret business and/or client needs
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled